The Student Room Group

Rejected from LSE

So I'm still bitter about my rejection because I got the rejection message AN HOUR AFTER SUBMITTING MY HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT (qualifications). Do you think the program was full or something??

I'm from Canada so this whole application process was new to me :/

I've applied to three other schools in London: UCL, Queen Mary and KCL. I'm hoping to hear good news from them :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by randompiglet
So I'm still bitter about my rejection because I got the rejection message AN HOUR AFTER SUBMITTING MY HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT (qualifications). Do you think the program was full or something??

I've applied to three other schools in London: UCL, Queen Mary and KCL. I'm hoping to hear good news from them :smile:

what were your grades?
Reply 2
Well, I was the valedictorian at my school. All my grades were above 90% and my average was 92%. In Canada, getting above an 80% is considered an A.
Shame, Canadian girls are hot.
Reply 4
@El_Sid
Yea I submitted my application on Jan. 15th :/

sorry to hear that but KCL and UCL are better than LSE.... i'm not bias AT ALL! :wink: :P :biggrin:
omg...that sucks! what did u apply for? and did they tell u why u got rejected?
Reply 7
I know!! It sucks sooo much because I didn't even get a "proper" rejection letter. So, no. They didn't tell me why....I applied for the international relations program.

When did you apply?

I believe its after the date now where they have to consider new applicants and it is possible that they have essentially closed that degree course and are rejecting all new applicants.

Good luck with your other choices though.
Reply 9
I know!! It sucks sooo much because I didn't even get a "proper" rejection letter. So, no. They didn't tell me why....I applied for the international relations program.

You can always ask for feedback, if you want. Just send an e-mail to the admissions.

A friend of mine got rejected and the feedback looked like this:

"The feedback we have received from the Admissions Tutor indicates that your application was unsuccessful as your personal statement does not demonstrate sufficient interest in the course when compared to other applicants.

Applicants are expected to demonstrate commitment, provide evidence of appropriate understanding and preparation and give valid reasons for their course choice in the personal statement. The Admissions Tutor felt that your personal statement was not suitably convincing to make you an offer of a place at LSE.

Due to the level of competition for admission to the School, the quality of your personal statement is an important part of our admissions criteria.

For further clarification on what constitutes a good personal statement, please follow the link below:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/undergraduateAdmissions/AdmissionsCriteria/UCAS_personal_statement/Default.htm

I am sorry we have had to disappoint you in your application to the School and wish you every success in your future studies elsewhere.
"
Reply 10

If it makes you feel any better, the International Relations undergrad program at LSE is ridiculously competitive.
Reply 11
Original post by mackemforever
When did you apply?.

Randompiglet
Yea I submitted my application on Jan. 15th :/

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Nayberay

Sorry, I only read the first post so didn't see that one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending