Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Higher Art & Design 2011

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't find a thread, thought i'd start one. Anyone doing the product design question for section 2?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone aware of the percentage differences between the writing and folios?

Thanks.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alasdair17)
    Is anyone aware of the percentage differences between the writing and folios?

Thanks.
    73 % (160 marks) for the folios, 27 % (60 marks) for the written exam.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    so, the final expressive and the finished product so called 'solutions, are both worth 40 marks, yes?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyna156)
    so, the final expressive and the finished product so called 'solutions, are both worth 40 marks, yes?
    No. Each folio is 80 marks. Expressive; investigation 20, development 20 and final outcome 40. Design; research and investigation 24, development 24, design solution 24 and evaluation 8.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    No. Each folio is 80 marks. Expressive; investigation 20, development 20 and final outcome 40. Design; research and investigation 24, development 24, design solution 24 and evaluation 8.
    oh, that makes sense now. thanks : )
    Hopefully, I can get a B, then.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh, that makes sense now. thanks : )
    Hopefully, I can get a B, then.
    No problem. What were your themes?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    edit
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

Yeah, I did design for a CD Cover for this fictional Dutch rock n roll band called Oranje, I really enjoyed creating it actually haha.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    No problem. What were your themes?
    Butterflies for design, and I made a handbag, and still life for expressive. I was going to do a portrait, but I kind of ran out of time... :O
    what about you?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albertine)
    anyone do design? I made a dress based on the sixties. I printed loads of stencils of the beatles' faces on to it. It was so much fun haha! I find it super difficult to write about fashion/textiles on the paper though.
    that's actually so cool : ) I made a bag inspired by butterflies. it's hard to describe, but it's actually quite nice : )
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Butterflies for design, and I made a handbag, and still life for expressive. I was going to do a portrait, but I kind of ran out of time... :O
    what about you?
    Sounds good and was just curious. I'm at uni now, but done a poster advertising the cairngorms national park and an expressive folio on a stretch of Scotland's coast. Kinda miss having the time for art, though! :p:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good and was just curious. I'm at uni now, but done a poster advertising the cairngorms national park and an expressive folio on a stretch of Scotland's coast. Kinda miss having the time for art, though! :p:
    oh, cool : ) I hate Higher, tbh :L I enjoyed the design unit, not the expressive one. : | so yeah, I think I need to do extremely well in the written exam to get a good grade.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh, cool : ) I hate Higher, tbh :L I enjoyed the design unit, not the expressive one. : | so yeah, I think I need to do extremely well in the written exam to get a good grade.
    hate higher as well! just wondering what questions are you doing for the written exam? i'm doing product and have no idea!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you guys are crazy! Higher art was my best subject. Was so relaxing compared to the others! :P

Anyone get anytips about writing for fashion/textiles?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbutterlove)
    hate higher as well! just wondering what questions are you doing for the written exam? i'm doing product and have no idea!
    I'm doing portraiture and graphic design : )
    you have no idea? that's not good :L
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albertine)
    you guys are crazy! Higher art was my best subject. Was so relaxing compared to the others! :P

Anyone get anytips about writing for fashion/textiles?
    I had to spend all my free periods, lunchtimes and so on in art, to get everything finished, and be up to speed with everything. a week before the deadline, I stayed there for 4-5 hours after school, everyday. and on the day before the deadline, 12 hours. so yeah, I didn't enjoy that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Vertigo by Saul Bass as a design to discuss, although I saw that last year, that appeared in the paper.

Will that affect anything?

Thanks.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I had to spend all my free periods, lunchtimes and so on in art, to get everything finished, and be up to speed with everything. a week before the deadline, I stayed there for 4-5 hours after school, everyday. and on the day before the deadline, 12 hours. so yeah, I didn't enjoy that.
    Same, and 2 days just before the deadline my school lost my final solution for the design unit, so I have to do it again, so annoyed!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alasdair17)
    I'm doing Vertigo by Saul Bass as a design to discuss, although I saw that last year, that appeared in the paper.

Will that affect anything?

Thanks.
    Don't think it will, because I am doing Vertigo as well

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 11, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.