The Student Room Group

Drop Out- Personal statement

Hi

I studied computer science for abt 2yrs in Uni, due to some personal issues i drop out from my studies, since then i havnt gone to shool and now im intending to go abroad to study information system.

Was wondering on how i should go on writing my personal statement and i dont really want to state the reason why i dropped out.

What sort of thing shoud i be saying on the area of my educational background, since i didnt finished the course and there is no certificate.

Is it possible to ask my former school my past resuts(Transcript) - and i didnt really do well in it.

****plz i need some help****

Many Thanks
(edited 13 years ago)
You do have to declare your attendance at university in the education section but don't have to mention it in the PS.
Reply 2
Original post by nokio
Hi

I studied computer science for abt 2yrs in Uni, due to some personal issues i drop out from my studies, since then i havnt gone to shool and now im intending to go abroad to study information system.

Was wondering on how i should go on writing my personal statement and i dont really want to state the reason why i dropped out.

What sort of thing shoud i be saying on the area of my educational background, since i didnt finished the course and there is no certificate.

Is it possible to ask my former school my past resuts(Transcript) - and i didnt really do well in it.

****plz i need some help****

Many Thanks
We can only really advise on the rules for the UK application system. Other countries do different things and have different requirements.

It is likely however that you will be required to declare any previous experience of higher education, whatever the outcome, and will therefore need to provide some record of your attendance and grades achieved for the course you didn't complete. You may also need an academic referee.
Reply 3
Thank's Guys for the advices and i really appreciate it..
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending