The Student Room Group

Applying for DSA 2011/12

I am starting university in september and they have sent me a link to the application form for DSA. However, it says it's for 2010/11 and there is not one for 2011/12.

Is anyone else applying for DSA at the moment? Do we have to wait for the 2011/12 application form?
I should be applying if my doctor ever writes a letter...
Yeah we need to wait for the 2011 form, think it will be out soon... :erm:
Reply 2
Yes I need to get a medical letter now, too.

I'll ring student finance and ask.

So helpful posting the link. Thank you. I really find the DirectGov site confusing and not laid out well.

Thanks so much for this! I got my doctor's letter in the post today so I just need to get myself to a photocopier/scanner.

Edit: You know where the form says give information on your difficulty? Do you copy out the information from your doctor's letter? :confused:

Edit: Oh it's ok, I guess you just enclose it in the application form when you're sending it off.
I forgot you don't send it by email... :blush:

Oh great, I have to renew my passport!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by diamonddust
Thanks so much for this! I got my doctor's letter in the post today so I just need to get myself to a photocopier/scanner.

Edit: You know where the form says give information on your difficulty? Do you copy out the information from your doctor's letter? :confused:

Edit: Oh it's ok, I guess you just enclose it in the application form when you're sending it off.
I forgot you don't send it by email... :blush:

Oh great, I have to renew my passport!

No you don't.
if it is for ID what do you think people without passports do?
Original post by hypocriticaljap
No you don't.
if it is for ID what do you think people without passports do?

I don't really have any other forms of ID...
And I need to renew it anyway, I refuse to spend my summer in this country. :tongue:
You don't have a birth certificate?
You don't have a birth certificate?

I have no idea where it is... I'll have to ask my mum if she's kept it somewhere and knowing her, she's lost it!
you can get a replacement from Somerset house. Cheaper than a passport!
you can get a replacement from Somerset house. Cheaper than a passport!

I'll look into it, thank you. :smile: I will still renew my passport anyway, I desperately need a summer holiday. :tongue:
Reply 12
if u have an eletronic passport ( which u should if it was issued in the last 15 years) u just need to put in the passport number on your application form
Original post by hypeG
if u have an eletronic passport ( which u should if it was issued in the last 15 years) u just need to put in the passport number on your application form

I think I've done that already...
Thank you! I'm still renewing it because I want to go on holiday in the summer! :biggrin:
And I found my birth certificate. Now I've found out my mum lied about my middle names and they're on my bloody GCSE certificates but that's a drama for another day... :rolleyes:

I know this has probably been asked before but when are you meant to apply for DSA? Is it too early to apply now? :redface:
(edited 13 years ago)
no, apply now.
no, apply now.

Thanks for being patient, I must sound like a total n00b! :blush: :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest