The Student Room Group

Working/Financial aid nursing degree 2011

Hi,

I have never used one of these sites before so I'm sorry for any errors made by myself! I am starting a mental health nursing degree in September this year. I currently work pretty much full time, 30 hours+ 5 days a week. Whats worrying me is that I have financial commitments which will still be in place during my course, does anybody have any experience of working whilst doing a nursing degree to keep up with bills etc?? Is it possible, because I think I'm going to be stuffed otherwise :frown: I'm living with my mum at the minute, but my step-dad is moving in with us in summer which is going to bump up the household income, which means I'm entitled to less help financially - rather unfair as their income has no impact on me what-so-ever, but that's the way it goes apparently! Anyway, I'm going to a visit day next week so I can speak to the financial dept at the uni but just wondered if anybody else has been or is in a similar situation? The last thing I want is to end up being chased for money I don't have or have to drop out because of it!!

Quick Reply

Latest