The Student Room Group

Cosmetic Surgery EPQ - What are your opinions?

This poll is closed

Should it be a Dr's role to refuse cosmetic surgery if there are no health benefits?

Yes - A doctor shouldn't carry out a procedure unnecessarily 0%
No - If the patient is paying then the doctor should aide by their wishes100%
Total votes: 3
For my EPQ I've decided to investigate this hypothesis:-

“Medical professionals are trained to prevent and treat illness; exploitation of this training for financial benefit or for the patient to have a set of aesthetically pleasing characteristics desired society is unethical.”

What are your opinions on cosmetic surgery and those doctors that enter the field?
Do you feel it's morally right?
Does anyone have any idea as to where I can get the figures for the number of doctors entering cosmetic surgery field per year?

Note:- Cosmetic surgery is an elective surgery. The surgery is not medically needed to improve the physical well-being of the patient; the target of cosmetic surgery is generally to boost self-esteem. Patients undergo cosmetic surgery to alter or enhance a feature and in return are happier with their bodies and are more self-confident. Cosmetic surgery can also include dental procedures such as braces. Plastic surgery focuses on issues such as problematic birth defects, trauma victims and disease. This study is concerning cosmetic surgery only.

Any help would be great, thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Done number 1 :smile:
Reply 2
As Cosmetic surgery is the field of interest for lots of medical student. Actually it came into effect after observing the requirement of it for healing major diseases caused since birth or accidents.
Reply 3
Cosmetic surgeons are in a way doing their bit to improve the life of many people with their skills and talent in the corresponding field. These surgeons are dedicated in their work and are rendering their services to the needy. So, if you are planning to opt for a cosmetic surgery then do look out for the options available for you online.

Quick Reply

Latest