The Student Room Group

English Language Exam - Change 1700- present day

In relation to the language change exam for english language , do you always get a mix of texts from different times - will there always be a text from the 1700s?

Thanks Mool
Original post by mooltan
In relation to the language change exam for english language , do you always get a mix of texts from different times - will there always be a text from the 1700s?

Thanks Mool

Hi Moo,
Can you please tell me the exam board specification you are following? Like AQA B, OCR, WJEC. Or if you know the unit code e.g ENGB3? This will help us answer your question better

Cheers,
Kins
Reply 2
Aqa
Reply 3
Hi

I'm doing aqa english language and I've been told that we could either get a dichronic question, with a text from the past and present day, and you have to analyse both in detail, or a synchronic question where you just get on from some time in history on its own and you have to analyse it.

:smile:
Original post by mooltan
Aqa

They aren't specific.

It just depends. You will have a choice of two questions - in January 2011, there was one text on an article on the Oxford English Dictionary for question A, and then two texts of court case records from 1719 and the 1900s to compare/contrast.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending