The Student Room Group

Revising for Geography

Don't think it needs to be exam board specific but I'm on AQA.

So theres a lot of information for Geography and we haven't even finished all of the topics yet, I don't know where to start revising for it - I think revision cards could work with geography though i.e case studies.
Reply 1
An idea, not sure if it works for everyone, but my teacher uses it in class whenever we finish a topic in class.

Get a bit of A3 paper and do a mindmap for the topic - say, Coasts (if that's on AQA!)
I usually split this up then, draw different branches off. E.g, features of erosion, causes of erosion, features of deposition, coastal defences, Shoreline Management Plans, case studies etc. This for whatever topic your doing. Write down everything you can remember about each sub-topic, and about the topic as a whole. Draw diagrams, colour-code, whatever.
Once we finish, we then look at the textbook and find out whatever we didn't include. You then know that you need to revise whatever you've missed, and don't need to concentrate as much on whatever you did write on the mindmap, as you already remember this.

It seems to work quite well for us, but as I said, mindmaps are not for everyone. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending