The Student Room Group

Experience with Pigs? Contacts?

I'm trying to find some work experience with pigs, for preference either in the East Midlands or somewhere that might be able to offer accommodation? Can anybody suggest anywhere?

Somebody suggested Reeseheath agricultural college as being a really good placement, but I got no response to an e-mail and the phone number I have is just the reception lady on the general switchboard. If anybody had a better contact number for them, or knows if they can still help with work experience, that would be ace.

Thank you for any help!
Reply 1
Pigs go oink
Reply 2
Easy, search on TSR.
There are some real *******'s on here.

You'll find a pig as easy as you'll find a thread on blowjobs.
Reply 3
Hi to get my pig experience I got in touch with a local butcher who had some land and so occassionally had pigs. Just get in contact with butchers they will at least be able to get you in contact with pig breeders even if they don't breed their own. (sorry can't help you with actual contacts in East Midlands)
Reply 4
could u manage west midlands? well not really west midlands,,,south staffs (v close to north brum)? i went to an EXCELLENT out door pig farm there. theres no accom available on site but local b&bs in the area probably wouldnt be too expensive. or maybe its commutable depending on where in the the east mids u are (excuse my crap midlands geography knowldge). if ur interested let me know and ill pm u the deets xxx
Reply 5
I've got a contact where I did my placement in the east mids - it was near Retford. They didn't provide accom so I drove there each day.

That any help to you? If it is I can PM you the details.
Reply 6
Have you tried using google or yell or you could always ask a local farm shop where they get their meat from.
Reply 7
I have a contact in Sheffield if that helps? Where abouts are you in the East Midlands? There are some outdoor ones near Nottingham (Arnold ish), and a few closer to Mansfield, also one in Farnsfield....they're dotted all over really. Not sure of accomodation but if you can drive/within cycling distance then that could work?
Original post by emmaaa..
could u manage west midlands? well not really west midlands,,,south staffs (v close to north brum)? i went to an EXCELLENT out door pig farm there. theres no accom available on site but local b&bs in the area probably wouldnt be too expensive. or maybe its commutable depending on where in the the east mids u are (excuse my crap midlands geography knowldge). if ur interested let me know and ill pm u the deets xxx

Please can you PM me the details of the pig farm and large animal vets you went to please? :smile:)
I know someone who goes by the name of Mr D.Cameron who can hook you up with some pigs. His office is located on a certain 'Downing Street' in Central London, or you could contact him by sending a question in which a man called Jeremy Corbyn can ask him in a TV Show called Prime Ministers Questions.
Original post by phoeb_2606
Please can you PM me the details of the pig farm and large animal vets you went to please? :smile:)

Not sure where Emma went but as this is an old thread she may not see, it sounds like it could be Packington Pork where I know a few friends have been do to EMS and work experience.

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by lwescott
Not sure where Emma went but as this is an old thread she may not see, it sounds like it could be Packington Pork where I know a few friends have been do to EMS and work experience.

Hope that helps :smile:

Thank you!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending