Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

The Univerisity of Sunderland Group.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bekkah321
Hey guys :smile:

I have recently received a conditional offer from Sunderland and I have chosen this am my Firm choice via UCAS and now I am trying to apply for accommodation. When I go onto the Sunderland website I have clicked on the link to apply for accommodation and I am re-directed to a log in where it states I need my Student ID and I should have received it on my offer letter, I have the letter but no student ID. I rang the Admissions Team to enquire and was told the Student ID was just my UCAS number. After receiving this information I tried to log in but no luck.

Is there a different Student ID that I need to apply for accommodation?

Im getting a little frustrated and worried cause If I attend Sunderland i'll be moving across from N.I and really need to be sure I have Halls sorted out.. sooner rather than later, you know.
:smile:

Have you made sure you copy the entire number and without the dashes? My UCAS number worked for me.
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
Reply 101
Hi there,
For the MA TESOL, which uni. is easier and easy-going with the International Students? Huddersfield or Sunderland?? PLEase Help
Original post by Rhiani-ani-on
Hello All!!

I decided that since the university doesn't have its own section that it atleast needed a group!

Hopefully this will be the place for people to come to ask questions about the uni, talk to people who have attended or currently attend the uni and find other people who are interested in coming to the university!!

I myself am a current foundation degree student in my 2nd year going on to do my top-up year next year and I am also a Student Ambassador! So feel free to ask me questions and I'll do my best to answer them!

And if you are a past or present Sunderland student please help to pass on what you know and love about the University!

xx

Hiya! I left you a message on your profile, but I'll drop you one here as well! I've got my student ambassador assessment centre next week, do you have any tips? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Kristiipop
Hiya! I left you a message on your profile, but I'll drop you one here as well! I've got my student ambassador assessment centre next week, do you have any tips? Thanks! :smile:

Hey! Sorry I havent been on TSR much for a past few weeks!
Ermmm from what I remember the best advice i can give you is just treat it like a normal interview and just be yourself and you should be fine!
Good luck xx
Hey !

Im an international student coming from Canada and starting the international program at sunderland in January. I know that here your aloud things such as mini-fridges and kettles in your room but i was just wondering if it was the same over there, seeing as i will be staying in student res. Is there anything major i shoud know about the res situation ?

Thanks so much !

Imogen
Reply 105
Mini-fridges and kettles in your actual bedrooms are not allowed as far as I know. I know this is the case in The Forge and Clanny House, but not sure about the other residences.
Original post by JamesNWA
Mini-fridges and kettles in your actual bedrooms are not allowed as far as I know. I know this is the case in The Forge and Clanny House, but not sure about the other residences.

He's right. you get kettles toasters fridges etc in the kitchens, and if you bring your own the kettle nazis will take them away.

even if you put fake PAT test stickers on and pretend they're uni's. They know.
how would they know though ? do they come in the rooms ?!
Erm, where is the drama society?! Absolute joke there isn't one set up and I asked to get one set up at Fresher's fayre and haven't heard back since!
Reply 109
Hello, anyone applied for pharmacy? When do they normally give out offers? Do they start giving them out before 15th of january or after?
Reply 110
I've applied for Journalism and got an unconditional a few days ago. Went to the open day on Saturday, and I have to say, the university really stood out to me, the staff were friendly and helpful, and it just had an all round good atmosphere.

From the existing students point of view, what is it really like? :smile:
:hello: Hi everyone i'm new to TSR, I'm apply for BA English at Sunderland this year, if anyone is doing the course could you give me a little message/reply about what you think of the course? if you like it? how is the workload/essays/ exams/an example essay question/books you've read? Thanks it's much appreciated :thumbsup: Xx
Reply 112
Original post by HannahMarie93
:hello: Hi everyone i'm new to TSR, I'm apply for BA English at Sunderland this year, if anyone is doing the course could you give me a little message/reply about what you think of the course? if you like it? how is the workload/essays/ exams/an example essay question/books you've read? Thanks it's much appreciated :thumbsup: Xx

Hello and welcome to TSR. You can try reading student blogs, that might help to get a good sense what your university years might be like, as they give you a huge insight into their daily lives. University of Sunderland done a wonderfull job setting up their lives online website, where 6 students each year share their stories. http://livesonline.sunderland.ac.uk/ original website.

For you there were two students writing a blog about their life in sunderland and english course (eventhough they both studied joint course with english, not a straight english course; but still helpeful):
http://livesonline.sunderland.ac.uk/amymclean/
http://livesonline.sunderland.ac.uk/sarahtemlett/
Original post by he3
Hello and welcome to TSR. You can try reading student blogs, that might help to get a good sense what your university years might be like, as they give you a huge insight into their daily lives. University of Sunderland done a wonderfull job setting up their lives online website, where 6 students each year share their stories. http://livesonline.sunderland.ac.uk/ original website.

For you there were two students writing a blog about their life in sunderland and english course (eventhough they both studied joint course with english, not a straight english course; but still helpeful):
http://livesonline.sunderland.ac.uk/amymclean/
http://livesonline.sunderland.ac.uk/sarahtemlett/

Hey thank you very much I shall check them links out :biggrin: thanks again ^_^ x
Reply 114
Can anyone please tell me about 2nd year accomidation out of halls. I know some areas are not so good. What are the safe student areas?
Reply 115
Original post by imogenlawer13
how would they know though ? do they come in the rooms ?!

Yes, you will have inspections. I only had 1 in my entire year last year at The Forge.
Original post by Halfpint
Can anyone please tell me about 2nd year accomidation out of halls. I know some areas are not so good. What are the safe student areas?

Stay clear of millfield, Azalea Terrace can be ok, Ashbrook is good , the housing over the road from City Campus is of a decent quality generally.

I mean all in all it's student accommodation, your not going to get an exceptionally high standard, don't stress to much over your area as long as it's within twenty minutes walking distance...and it's not millfield.
When do they give out offers for pharmacy? The wait is killing me!
Reply 118
Original post by Pink lipstick
When do they give out offers for pharmacy? The wait is killing me!

It's killing me too. And I feel that sunderland will be my first choice, thus making the wait even more harder :biggrin:
Reply 119
Original post by he3
It's killing me too. And I feel that sunderland will be my first choice, thus making the wait even more harder :biggrin:

Im dying here too as sunderland will be my firm if they give me an offer.
Does anyone from past experience know when they give out offers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending