Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

The Univerisity of Sunderland Group.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by BoboG
Im dying here too as sunderland will be my firm if they give me an offer.
Does anyone from past experience know when they give out offers

I know one girl who only got her offer in mid February. Hope this won't happen to me this year!
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
Reply 121
Original post by he3
I know one girl who only got her offer in mid February. Hope this won't happen to me this year!

I have mentioned this in a few other threads that from last years comments they tend to give out offers from the 15th January deadline all the way up to March so we should here something soon finger crossed:smile:
Reply 122
Got an offer for pharmacy yesterday!! So thrilled, now just have to get my health and criminal records checked and I can safely say that I will be going to sunderland next year
Reply 123
Got an offer for Psychology with Counselling yesterday! Sunderland is my firm so I'm very happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys ^^ I have a conditional offer for Tourism and Journalism and have a room booked at Clanny House.
Does anyone know how often room inspections are? Is that what they mean by cleaning?
Hello all ! I'm taking Pharmacy this September 2013. Any pharmacy students recommend the best residence is? Near to pharmacy campus..
Hi, I have a question about accommodation, for couples. I know only 1 of them has to be a student at the uni, but do they have to be married, or not? Just my boyfriend is now wanting to come to Sunderland with me, after the past few months of being where we live...
Reply 127
Is anyone studying at Sunderland University this Summer? I'm applying for the Summer Media Arts Programme and I would like to meet some people so I don't feel like a complete stranger :smile:.
Hey guys :hello: I got an unconditional offer in January to study BA English starting in september, is anyone else here doing english at Sunderland in September? :yy:
Reply 129
Hi, i have best offers from this uni aswell, and i think I'll put it as my first but i have a few questions.
How is the uni itself as an overall? i have read a few things and some say its nice and some say its rundown.
How is the city, is it run down and how is the nightlife??
How is the accomodation? there isnt many picks online.

Hotdog95
Reply 130
Hi, i have best offers from this uni aswell, and i think I'll put it as my first but i have a few questions.
How is the uni itself as an overall? i have read a few things and some say its nice and some say its rundown.

Hotdog95
Reply 131
Original post by hotdog95

Hotdog95

Hi Hotdog95
I have chose Sunderland as my first choice also but will try to advise you as best as i can as i have visited the Uni and spoken to the tutors and students and then made my mind up.

I can only tell you about Sunderland as i have visited it twice and spoken to the students and also looked at the whole facility where my course will be taught. I have firmed it for the reason that the course was really well taught as it is a new course just 2 years old and we mix with biomedical student in the first year. The facilities for my course are state of the art and they have refurbished the whole Science area and spent millions their and across the whole University. It is a modern and one of the newest university in the country so it is not old.

The University of Sunderland has been ranked the best new university in the North-East for the past two years even beat the likes of Newcastle which is a medical Uni.

Also the student satisfaction and teaching ranking is very high compared to some of the prestigious Unis.

I have got a river view accommodation which is very nice during the day and spectacular at night. You can go online to the following link

http://services.sunderland.ac.uk/facilities/residentialservices/virtualtours/

Every town or city has its good and bad points as i dont think their is any town or city out their that is that perfect in every way.

It has won many awards and lots of students have left and made it in the news for great things and achievements they have done.

You have to visit it to appreciate it:wink:

see this link

http://www.sunderland.ac.uk/

Hotdog95

I've firmed an offer from them =]
I've been twice now (to the uni, I've been to Sunderland more times than that!) anyone who says it's run down were expecting something like York- well established, old looking etc. Sunderland is a new uni in a new city.
The nightlife is what you'd expect from the North East. You're not limited to just Sunderland either, Newcastle is a metro ride away. The metro being free if you go for the free travel card grant the uni offers.
Definitely see the accommodation if you can. Soon though- as bookings have been open a while and you will want your first choice. There's quite a few room-let options around if you don't like what the uni offers. Definitely add Mike 'Simlets' Simpson on Facebook.
Reply 133
Thanks Bobog, helped alot with my decision...... I love you.
Reply 134
Thanks kittybean, I,ll try and get the accomodation forms filled in once iv finished my student finance off. You've helped a lot with my decision.... see you there in september!! :smile:
Thanks kittybean, I,ll try and get the accomodation forms filled in once iv finished my student finance off. You've helped a lot with my decision.... see you there in september!! :smile:

Sure ^^
Reply 136
Thanks Bobog, helped alot with my decision...... I love you.

No Problem..
Reply 137
Finally received my offer for Pharmacy from Sunderland, so looks like i will be firming it :biggrin:
Where has everyone applied to accommodation wise?? I've got an unconditional offer to study journalism but I'm really stuck with where to live!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in panns bank flat 37. Anyone else??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending