Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway Firmers - 2011 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by air7725
Thanks! :biggrin: (Super excited after going to the open day!)

All of the halls at Royal Holloway seem pretty great to me (which is why choosing is so hard!)... So far I’ve decided i definitely want en-suite! Haha...

Do you know if people found the 30 week let annoying?... moving your stuff in and out at Christmas/Easter?(because it’s quite a big saving compared to 38 week let)

Which halls are the most sociable would you say? In terms of meeting people and not feeling too isolated from stuff?

Thanks

I have a 30 week let and it's fine. Don't get me wrong- everyone has a good moan about it near the end of term- but it's definitely worth the saving. It's not as if myself or my flatmates would be here during Christmas or Easter so our rooms would be empty anyway, and if you don't live too far away it's not such a big hassle moving out.

Most sociable? A lot of people would argue Founder's due to the corridors, but if you want an en-suite then there's not much difference between the rest of the halls. I believe Tuke F (my current home) is the main block for unconditional offer holders such as yourself with a 30 week let, not sure you can actually get it anywhere else. Because of that it seems to be extra social- everyone's had a gap year and we all just seem to be quite similar people. Plus I do think we're in a slightly better location than Gowar and Wedderburn- closer to Medicine, Stumble Inn, the Hub, etc., and more central to the rest of campus.

Once again it's just my opinion, and I'm sure there are a lot of social halls all over campus.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by llacerta
I have a 30 week let and it's fine. Don't get me wrong- everyone has a good moan about it near the end of term- but it's definitely worth the saving. It's not as if myself or my flatmates would be here during Christmas or Easter so our rooms would be empty anyway, and if you don't live too far away it's not such a big hassle moving out.

Most sociable? A lot of people would argue Founder's due to the corridors, but if you want an en-suite then there's not much difference between the rest of the halls. I believe Tuke F (my current home) is the main block for unconditional offer holders such as yourself with a 30 week let, not sure you can actually get it anywhere else. Because of that it seems to be extra social- everyone's had a gap year and we all just seem to be quite similar people. Plus I do think we're in a slightly better location than Gowar and Wedderburn- closer to Medicine, Stumble Inn, the Hub, etc., and more central to the rest of campus.

Once again it's just my opinion, and I'm sure there are a lot of social halls all over campus.

Ahh, I’m glad to hear about the 30 weeks not being too bad!...I only live an hour away so it makes no sense to pay so much more. Thanks for your help.... your responses have been great!
Reply 22
Good luck to everyone doing their A-levels. RHUL is a great Uni and I really hope you'll like it here :smile:.
Original post by WokSz
Good luck to everyone doing their A-levels. RHUL is a great Uni and I really hope you'll like it here :smile:.

Thanks buddy. May I ask what you are studying? Do you know much about the Biological Sciences department at RH?
Reply 24
Original post by Chucklefiend
Thanks buddy. May I ask what you are studying? Do you know much about the Biological Sciences department at RH?

I do Management. I know a little. What do you want to know?
My firm for Psychology, offer AAB.
Reply 26
Just updated the thread. But I'm sure there must be more people firming Royal Holloway...If so, then please post here! :biggrin:
Course: Classical Studies
Grades Required: ABB
Predicted Grades: AAB
Course: English with Creative Writing
Grades Required: AAB
Course: Politics
Grades Required: Pass Access
Predicted Grades: Distinction
What are you most looking forward to about going to university?
Getting away from home, and meeting new ppl etc, am concerned a tad though as I'm 24 and hope age difference with most other 1st yr undergrads won't matter..I also don't drink, but still love clubbing, but tad concerned that could have an effect? :s-smilie:
Firming for English and Creative Writing!
I don't know whether to accept Comparative Literature and Culture at RHUL as my insurance choice or not, does anyone know anything about this course?
Management with Marketing
Ryle Moncrieff-
Conditional(Send diploma transcripts) to Unconditional
Grades achieved: AAB/D, Higher Diploma in Hotel Management & Diploma in Economics UOl external
Reply 33
Human Geography :smile:
My firm choice for history - AAB.
Reply 35
Hey guys I'm Rose from Southampton
Course : Management
Grades Required : AAB ( eek!)
Predicted Grades : AAA
What are you most looking forward to about going to university? The social aspect, and the fact I'll have far more freedom - I hate living at home, my family are driving me insane!
Original post by FreeToThink
Course: Politics
Grades Required: Pass Access
Predicted Grades: Distinction
What are you most looking forward to about going to university?
Getting away from home, and meeting new ppl etc, am concerned a tad though as I'm 24 and hope age difference with most other 1st yr undergrads won't matter..I also don't drink, but still love clubbing, but tad concerned that could have an effect? :s-smilie:

i don't drink either :smile:
Reply 37
Course: Media Arts
Grades Required: Distinction, Distinction, Distinction
Predicted Grades: Distinction, Distinction, Distinction

Firmed the course because Westminster turned me down, hopefully that was a blessing in disguise.
Original post by Rose1992
Hey guys I'm Rose from Southampton
Course : Management
Grades Required : AAB ( eek!)
Predicted Grades : AAA
What are you most looking forward to about going to university? The social aspect, and the fact I'll have far more freedom - I hate living at home, my family are driving me insane!

Age 20, don't drink.

Msci Physics =)
Reply 39
Course: Psychology
Grades Required: AAB
Predicted Grades: AAAB

Also going to the Easter Open Day in a few weeks time. Anyone else here going by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending