The Student Room Group

scottish primary education applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Didn't apply to Edinburgh as live there.good luck with the course.Edinburgh is lovely place/good uni.
Not sure where to go yet:smile:
Reply 21
Original post by gemimajam
I got my offer about 10 days after my interview for Aberdeen. Hope you here soon... Good luck!

Has anyone heard from Dundee yet?

Congrats! I have my interview at the end of the month.. Did you have to do a presentation? Which video did you choose?
Reply 22
Yes had to do presentation for Aberdeen.Chose International Primary Curriculum but they were really informal and pleasant so don't worry about it too much-they make you fell very relaxed and at home.Took along some laminated A4 sheets about it too.One interviewee even had a a large portfolio case-not sure what was inside.Honestly don't stress about it
Reply 23
Original post by dannimcq
Congrats! I have my interview at the end of the month.. Did you have to do a presentation? Which video did you choose?

Thanks:smile: I also did my presentation on the international primary curriculum. The interview was fine, my interviewers were lovely. Where else have you applied? Good luck for your interview:smile:
Reply 24
I'm doing that one too..! I'd say that was the most popular..
I've applied to Hertfordshire and Nottingham Trent also.. But Aberdeen is my favourite! Where else did you apply?
Reply 25
Original post by dannimcq
I'm doing that one too..! I'd say that was the most popular..
I've applied to Hertfordshire and Nottingham Trent also.. But Aberdeen is my favourite! Where else did you apply?

Just Aberdeen and Dundee. I want to go to Dundee tho, really wish they'd hurry up and reply!!! Have you heard back from any of your uni's yet?
Reply 26
Just Aberdeen and Dundee. I want to go to Dundee tho, really wish they'd hurry up and reply!!! Have you heard back from any of your uni's yet?

Awh man that's a pain! Just got an interview for Hertfordshire.. But I was never to bothered about going there!
Let me know how you get on! :biggrin:
Has everyone had their interviews for Primary Education at Strathclyde? I've not heard anything back from them yet. x
Reply 28
Mine is Dundee, but still waiting to hear from them:frown:

Any word back from Dundee yet? (: I got a rejection, but I'm not too bothered as they were my fourth choice and I have offers from my top three. Hope you got an offer from them (:
Reply 29
Original post by sjmckernan1
Has everyone had their interviews for Primary Education at Strathclyde? I've not heard anything back from them yet. x

I had my interview at Strathclyde on Feb 8th and got an offer from them on Feb 18th. Maybe they're still doing interviews. If your worried about it you could email or phone them to reassure yourself? Good luck! (:
Reply 30

had my interview at Strathclyde on Feb 16th then got an offer 9 days later.hope you hear soon:smile:
What did you all have to do for your interviews? x
Reply 32
What did you all have to do for your interviews? x

For Strathclyde? It was a lovely interview. It was an individual one. When they sent me an invitation to interview (they sent it in the post) included was a sheet with attributes and skills listed, that you had to rate yourself from 0 to 3, but you couldn't like rate yourself three for them all because you had a limit of points to allocate. Most of the interview was talking about why you scored yourself certain scores for that sheet, and examples of when you showed them. Also the interviewers don't have a copy of your personal statement, or any of your application, all they know about you is your name, so if you get to interview stage it's purely based on interview performance. But in a way it was good, because you could tell them all the things you mentioned in your personal statement.
Hmm sounds OK, thanks. I'm still waiting to hear as I've applied for an internal transfer rather than through UCAS as I'm already at Strathclyde. The transfer interviews aren't being held 'til next month but to be honest I think I have such a slight chance of getting a place as I think it's only if there are left over places we get considered and there was 1200 people applied so it's really unlikely that there will be any spare places :frown: x
Reply 34
I didn't get in to Dundee...pretty devastated...
Reply 35
I didn't get in to Dundee...pretty devastated...

I'm sorry to hear that =[ they rejected me too. And it was so hard to get in this year, I think they had over 1000 applicants for 65 places. At least you have your offer for Aberdeen, think positively (: all the best with tht (:
Reply 36
Original post by maria619
I'm sorry to hear that =[ they rejected me too. And it was so hard to get in this year, I think they had over 1000 applicants for 65 places. At least you have your offer for Aberdeen, think positively (: all the best with tht (:

Reply 37

Yeah I want to go to Edinburgh, it was always my first choice (:
Reply 38
Original post by maria619
Yeah I want to go to Edinburgh, it was always my first choice (:

Good luck:smile:
Reply 39
good luck all. im hoping to go to Stirling once i have done my gcses etc

Quick Reply

Latest