The Student Room Group

Urgent please! Terminating contract with Student Finance.

I was wondering if it's possible to stop Student Finance from paying out the tuition fee's to my uni.

To explain:

I have currently deferred my course (as of the beginning of January) til the beginning of the next year (starting September 2011)

I had some discussions with my uni about tuition fee's. However I had to go abroad & never really got to talk to who I wanted to.

I've already paid for the first half of the year & I really want to properly discuss only paying half with my uni. However - if Student finance goes ahead and pays out it's unlikely I'll be able to negotiate.

So - can I ask Student Finance not to pay out the second installment of the tuition fees? And if so, how do I go about it?

Thanks so much for any help in advance!

Amy
call student finance, surely?
Reply 2
Would love to.
Unfortunatly I'm abroad, don't have access to a landline & really really really can't afford an international call to an 0845 number from my mobile!

:frown:
all rather late then. Looks like you're paying up!
Reply 4
It is going to be too late now, as the first fee payment is made at the start of February. SFE will not reassess you for a lower amount at this stage, as it's too late in the year. If however you'd done this in January, you'd be fine.
Reply 5
Original post by Amy.LB
I was wondering if it's possible to stop Student Finance from paying out the tuition fee's to my uni.

To explain:

I have currently deferred my course (as of the beginning of January) til the beginning of the next year (starting September 2011)

I had some discussions with my uni about tuition fee's. However I had to go abroad & never really got to talk to who I wanted to.

I've already paid for the first half of the year & I really want to properly discuss only paying half with my uni. However - if Student finance goes ahead and pays out it's unlikely I'll be able to negotiate.

So - can I ask Student Finance not to pay out the second installment of the tuition fees? And if so, how do I go about it?

Thanks so much for any help in advance!

Amy

You pretty much answered your own question there ^

Quick Reply