The Student Room Group

Where to buy the comfiest heels?

I need a new pair of heels - really nice pair that I can wear loads. I tend to go for a some really nice things I'll wear again than lots of pairs haha. (Mostly cause I'm poor...)

But yeah, I have a REALLY lovely pair of Carvela shoes BUT they hurt so much :frown: Everytime I wear them my feet are killing before the end of the night. I've got angel feet and they help, but its not enough.

Where have you bought your comfiest heels? I don't know where to start looking! I like New Look shoes as a general rule, because they are decent value, but I don't know how comfy they are. What about price range? I don't really want to spend loads on them, but if I can guarantee they'll be brilliant I might be wiling to push it up.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anybody?
I have a really nice pair from TK Maxx but my other good pair is from John Lewis, Nine West.
Original post by twelve
Anybody?

The two most comfy pairs of heels that I own are from Dorothy Perkins and, surprisingly, Primark. The Dotty Ps ones are about 5.5 inches and the Primark ones are about 6, and I can last for most, if not all of the night without having to take them off :smile:.
i got a pair from new look (about 5.5 inches) that i lasted from 6pm to 6am in with no blisters or pain... in fact on most nights out new look heels have been fine for me
Feet pictures, nao!
Reply 6
My comfiest are from TUK but they're platform shoes so I guess not what you're looking for!
Keeping an eye on this thread, though :wink:
Reply 7
Hmm I might have a look at Dorothy Perkins :smile: I have a pair of New look ones actually - and they're my comfiest ones, but they're getting a bit old now, so they aren't so good.
Reply 8
My nine west heels don't hurt and I had a pair of Primark ones that didn't hurt either! But then the heel broke :frown:

New Look heels usually end up killing me :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by twelve
I need a new pair of heels - really nice pair that I can wear loads. I tend to go for a some really nice things I'll wear again than lots of pairs haha. (Mostly cause I'm poor...)

But yeah, I have a REALLY lovely pair of Carvela shoes BUT they hurt so much :frown: Everytime I wear them my feet are killing before the end of the night. I've got angel feet and they help, but its not enough.

Where have you bought your comfiest heels? I don't know where to start looking! I like New Look shoes as a general rule, because they are decent value, but I don't know how comfy they are. What about price range? I don't really want to spend loads on them, but if I can guarantee they'll be brilliant I might be wiling to push it up.

My Hush Puppy wedges are fantastic - they're sandals with massive cork wedges and they are the most comfortable things I own (except for my Dr Martens) :biggrin:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hush-Puppies-Womens-Maiden-Sandals/dp/B004JVMC3Y/ref=sr_1_74?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1299083130&sr=1-74&searchContext=B004JV8LKC,B004JVMC3Y,B004JVMB12,B004JV4RGY,B0033UWNTA,B004JV4QW4,B004JV4QS8,B002JM1UG0,B0033UWR3W,B0033UWQBK,B002MRRX5O,B001AZJAXC,B003ULNGXY,B003ULNFSA,B0033UWO9Y,B002MRRVV0,B004H8TDX6,B004Q57E6S,B004H5I69G,B004H90ZQY,B004H8TEQW,B004H90U28,B003ULNEDG,B003RRYCU2
I have them in Black and Green :smile:
New look do wide fit heels now, which tend to be comfier as the toes have more room - I also know M&S sell insoles which are like party feet that cover the whole of the bottom of the shoe, if that makes any sense!
Tbh I think the only heels that really won't hurt AT ALL are small ones :P I've had a pair of low black Mary Jane heels for a year and they are sooo comfy, match pretty much all my outfits and don't hurt a bit. I don't really need to wear heels though as I'm already 5ft 8. You should try Office when they have a sale on.
(edited 13 years ago)
M&S do some wicked shoes, and they're surprisingly comfy.
Reply 13
Original post by twelve

I buy new look shoes and I have a pair from there atm that are my ultimate faves. They are wedge heeled (which are always more comfy) and suede so they have a bit of give. I can walk round and dance all night in those bad boys no worries. They were £20. Steal!
Original post by twelve
Anybody?

New Look heels are good. 7:30 - 4:30 though they definitely started hurting.
Marks and Sparks.

I know, I'm down with the kids :sexface:
Get yourself to dorothy perkins, they have really nice shoes and they're comfy AND student discount :cool:
My comfiest heels are from Dorothy Perkins, but to be honest I think it has more to do with design than where you buy from. They're comfy because they're high, but with a platform to make them appear higher than they actually are, and they've got a nice closed in toe, back and sides, meaning your foot's really secure.
Bit like these :smile:
Reply 18
All my Dorothy Perkins Heels are the comfiest!
New Look just hurt me :frown: which is annoying because they are such good prices!!
xx
Reply 19
I think it's more to do with the style of the shoe and your pain threshold. I can wear just about any shoe and not feel any discomfort till the very end of the day so it's not a problem for me, but I do definitely relax more in platform shoes because they give you the height but still keeping your foot more level so that your weight is spread more evenly on your foot. Wedges are also great from comfort, I'm in them ALL the time in the summer. If you want neither then just a well made sole and a lower heel. In general a thicker heel (clogs) is much easier to walk in and comfier- you can get some that are absolutely gorgeous! Your best bet is probably Aldo for well made, relatively comfortable shoes at a reasonable price.

Some generic examples:
Wedges: http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/women/shoes/wedges/82996859-collegea/32
Platforms: http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/women/shoes/platform-heels/83454373-capecoral/32
Low heels: http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/women/shoes/mid-low-heels/83552555-ragonese/32
Clogs: http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/women/shoes/clogs/83220227-markley/36

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending