The Student Room Group

Science Equivalency TEst

Hi,
I've been offered a conditional place in UEL for the PGCE programme for next September. My condition is that I have to do a science equivalency test...I've tried to contact the college but they are not giving out much info! I bought a Science GCSE book from the OCR called Gateway science and I'm working my way through it. HOping that this will be sufficient. Anybody know if it wil be and if so when are the exams????
Reply 1
Hi Lindad

I too have been offered a place on the condition that I pass the Science equivalency test. Spoke to the Primary PGCE administrator, she said the exams will be some time in May. A letter will be sent out soon with full details of time, venue and fees.

I'm not sure, but I read on other forums, they will also send out a revision topic list for the test :s-smilie:

Best of luck
Reply 2
Original post by fudge1986

Original post by fudge1986
Hi Lindad

I too have been offered a place on the condition that I pass the Science equivalency test. Spoke to the Primary PGCE administrator, she said the exams will be some time in May. A letter will be sent out soon with full details of time, venue and fees.

I'm not sure, but I read on other forums, they will also send out a revision topic list for the test :s-smilie:

Best of luck

Thanks Fudge1986!! Hopefully they'll send it soon!
Reply 3
Hi Lindad,

Sorry just came across your post whilst looking up 'science equivaleny test'. Also have to do the test for UEL at the end of March I think. Have you any idea of what it entails or what it's on? Bought the Aqua revision book and I'm hoping thats enough.

Thanks
Reply 4
Hi there, sorry for the delay I just saw this now...I'm still so confused as to when/what this science exam is... Had no info from the university and am getting worried that I'm just covering the wrong material. I found out today that there are a few different exam boards and I could actually be studying the wrong topics, Uel couldn't be less helpful! I'm hoping that the exam is the end of may?not march?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending