The Student Room Group

How long after your first sign on day, do you get paid Job seekers allowance....?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IRL
Tell him to quit the job and stay on benefits, he'll be better off. Are you a bum as well?

Original post by yothi5
JSA...Britain's shame.

Original post by markyp
Basically, I signed on for the first time today, but does anyone know how long after until I get paid? Will it be next week or in 2 weeks? Anyone?

edit: the answer depends on whether it is a new claim, more info can be found on this thread!

For more questions around JSA check out:

What questions will they ask?

Can you cope on JSA?

Benefits.... job seeker allowance used by University graduates... what has this came to... YOU GOT PARENTS AND YOUR YOUNG.
Original post by MasterButcher
https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/JobSearch/PowerSearch.aspx?rad=20&rad_units=miles&pp=25&sort=rv.dt.di&vw=b&re=134&setype=2&tjt=security%20officer&where=south%20london&pg=1

37 pages as of 21:25 on the 17/02/2016. You'll find that the Job Centre can provide support on SIA training and licensing so you're making excuses.

LOL BRUH! There was only four part time security jobs available in my area. And with the the job centre providing support on SIA, lol your having a laugh bud, do you know how many loops I had to jump through to get JSA money whilst being part time at college!.

The real reality is this, you could ask for help but they will most likely say you will have to pay for the course to get the SIA badge, or they will say we don't fund for this course or say due to cut backs we don't offer support. If you have ever been on JSA you will realize very quickly that you are scum and they want you gone as soon as you get in.

And with no money and low income paying in the £1000's for an SIA course along with other bills to pay is rather hard.

Also all these jobs required that you had a SIA badge before you even bothered applying. Oh and even if you did get a licence you also will be applying a long with every other tom, dick and harry.

Unfortunately in this world I have met many people that say the same well..... rather easy thing to say like you originally did. But I'm afraid in the real world, and with how things work it's not quite as simple as you make it out to be.

Otherwise there would be zero unemployment.
hi I applied for jobseeker and I want to know how many days does it take for the letter to come to my house and then what day will I get told for coming to the jobcentre will it be 2 days or more??? thanks Mariam
Sarcastic ****
These are the sign on day and the payments

Monday - Thursday
Tuesday -Friday
Wednesday - Monday
Thursday - Tuesday
Friday - Wednesday

All payments are issued the day you sign on but banks are told to put it in your account after 3 days of signing
Sorry to ask but need some guidance!!!! I submitted my JSA application in the early hours of the 1st of August, signed on 2 days later and I've just had letter today saying I have got £104.56 being paid into my bank account!!!!! (Its now the 25th August) I'm a single mum of two kids and nearly every time I've had to go to the job centre (first week went 4 times) I've had to pay double the amount of travelling expenses as had to take my children with me as I couldn't leave them alone at home. Quote me if I'm wrong this isn't around £71.70 a week that I'm supposed to get. Up until last year I'd always grafted and worked, paid my taxes etc (for 26 years),lost my job was wrongly advised I wouldn't get anything as I had over £6000 in savings at the time so had to live off the savings. Like everyone else I too have bills to pay etc and my savings have dwindled to nothing and am worried how I'm going to cope especially as I already volunteer several times a week too to get experience working in the area I'm looking for a job in
Reply 86
Hi I started a new claim and had to sign on on Monday I he asked to be backdated will this effect when I get my first payment
This thread is amazing bunch of bums discussing there benefits brilliant:smile:
I got a lerom job centre saying i should recieve job seekers aplownce from 2nd may but havent recieved it yet will i get this on wednesday the 17th may
ok because i singed in today and it is passble to get the monye by like wedansday maybe
Jordan19961234 - at least they know how to spell - it's 'their' benefits - not 'there' benefits - retard
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 91
When I went to sign on I had to cycle 17 miles there and 17 miles back. Took me about 8 hours in total, all because I had no money! (Waiting to hear about a job so hopefully I won't be doing THAT every fortnight!)
I claimed on 20th of April and today is 30th April I haven't been paid a single penny ..and they won't give any penny in advance if u were self employed.
What happen in the end as this is happening to me
Original post by scrotgrot
I think the usual policy is as follows:
- If you quit your job, you're practically a criminal
- If you got sacked, you're practically a criminal

So I believe these days you are expected to wait a few months. Emergency payments of about £25 a week are available as you get deep into debt with your landlord and Wonga.

WONGA!!!! hahahahah
Don't be so judgemental she is probably a much nicer person than you are by the sound of it
JSA is a good system. It’s when you have lazy idiots who would rather sponge off that system over getting a job.. egit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending