The Student Room Group

Someone cheated in mock exam... what do I do?

Rude people.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's a mock, if they do it in the real exam then report them

whatever grade they get they'll just be kidding themselves that's what they'll get in the real thing
Jesus, please just leave it out!
Reply 3
Leave it. If they fail in the real thing then it's their fault.

Also school's a bit foolish for using a paper available on the Internet for a mock.
Reply 4
just leave it, as long as you have a good predicted grade thats all you should care about, also if there predicted grade is now 2/3 times higher then it should be think of when they sit there real exam, in fact they have actually made it harder for themselves as they have to actually go and get this grade in the real exam and if they dont its their loss completly.
Reply 5
It's not really cheating if the past paper was open to anyone to have a go at, especially as it's only a mock.
Reply 6
Its not really cheating, if the teacher was too thick to not use a protected paper but one thats legitametly avalible online its their fault
Original post by BeckyBirdy
We had a biology unit 1 mock, and I know it's only a mock, so this person is ony lying to themself, but what do I do?
What happened was this person had (so called) done all the past papers about 2 weeks before the mock, including the specimen papers. So when I did the paper he/she kept asking me what was in the paper, so I told her (he/she's a friend) some stuff to revise eg. pH and enzymes. Then the next day he/she comes before the exam and shows me the papers she's done, and it just so happened he/she did the exam paper. So when it came to the exam he/she obviously had a slight advantage compared to the rest of us. But he/she denies they had an advantage to me, but it's clear they have if he/she's already the the paper the teacher is using to predict out grade.
He/She then came out with 1 of the top marks in her class, but denies that doing the paper had anything to do with getting the grade.
I honestly find this unfair, as does some of my other friends, and we hadn't done the paper so our mark was genuine. Should I just mention this to the teacher, just to bare in mind he/she's predicted grade as it's not fair she gets a higher predicted grade if this mock grade is suddenly 2/3 grades higher than previous tests.
HELP!

To be honest, using a past paper as a mock exam in school is pretty stupid unless it was the paper that was the one from the exam season beforehand, as it wouldn't be on the exam board's website - our school makes their own mock exams (well, all of them), so that no one gets an unfair advantage.
omg, why do people feel the need to get involved? mind your own business!
It's not cheating, it's not like she knew that paper would be the one used in the mock. I doubt she memorised the specific answers to that paper..
Lol, that's pretty common.

Don't do anything. And anyway, is it really cheating? Doing practice papers is revision, technically...
I'd not really worry too much about it, they're cheating themselves and it is just a mock. It's clear you want to report them though, as it's bugging you, so do it if it'll make you feel better and clear it off your mind.
Reply 12
oh ffs. why do you care?

why am i bothering to answer tbh?
Reply 13
a) its a mock
b) don't stick your nose into other people's business
c) they didn't cheat, this stuff is out there for students to use, it doesn't do them any favours, and if you think this sort of thing matters, its probably abit unethical, but it isn't cheating
Original post by BeckyBirdy
We had a biology unit 1 mock, and I know it's only a mock, so this person is ony lying to themself, but what do I do?
What happened was this person had (so called) done all the past papers about 2 weeks before the mock, including the specimen papers. So when I did the paper he/she kept asking me what was in the paper, so I told her (he/she's a friend) some stuff to revise eg. pH and enzymes. Then the next day he/she comes before the exam and shows me the papers she's done, and it just so happened he/she did the exam paper. So when it came to the exam he/she obviously had a slight advantage compared to the rest of us. But he/she denies they had an advantage to me, but it's clear they have if he/she's already the the paper the teacher is using to predict out grade.
He/She then came out with 1 of the top marks in her class, but denies that doing the paper had anything to do with getting the grade.
I honestly find this unfair, as does some of my other friends, and we hadn't done the paper so our mark was genuine. Should I just mention this to the teacher, just to bare in mind he/she's predicted grade as it's not fair she gets a higher predicted grade if this mock grade is suddenly 2/3 grades higher than previous tests.
HELP!

Are you that sad and pathetic to grass on someone who will most likely fail anyway? Just let things unfold; you don't need to butt in.
Reply 15
Nothing it's only a mock.
dont be mad that your friend took the initiative and you didnt

besides your friend will only be tricking themself
Reply 17
OP correct me if i'm wrong, but haven't you told us it's a she?
Anyway, it is only a mock. Wait until the real thing, then laugh in her face when she gets a rubbish grade :biggrin:
Reply 18
If her grade has jumped that much then when she goes back to class work and the standard falls again then the teacher will probably guess what she's done anyway. I wouldn't worry about it, focus on your own grades.
Gosh its only a mock!! Don't be a grass..when the real exam comes along they won't do as well.

Quick Reply

Latest