The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Liam 09
Afridi gone, ffs.

Yeah, what was I thinking :P

****, I would still say we're big favourites at the moment but Rizwan Cheema bats like he did against England :eek: It's literally unimaginable how much stick I'll get from the guys I was mocking over the Ireland defeat.
Wow, if Canada win this then it really would be the greatest upset ever. All credit to a brilliant innings by O'Brien yesterday, but at least Ireland have several players playing with English counties, and Canada have nothing like that.

I don't think Canada will win this, though, because their batting has been so weak (with the exception of Cheema) so far this tournament. Imagine if they did pull it off though! Pakistan 181/9 now!
Reply 42
Original post by Inzamam99
****, I would still say we're big favourites at the moment but Rizwan Cheema bats like he did against England :eek: It's literally unimaginable how much stick I'll get from the guys I was mocking over the Ireland defeat.

Well yeah with a total like this it only needs one outstanding innings to topple you :biggrin:
What a hilarious catch that was :P
Oh **** **** cock please God PLEASE
Reply 44
Pakis dont know how to use the batting powerplay or reviews :facepalm2:
Reply 45
Ajmal to get a quick fifty....

"one more, one more, one more...bouncer for me" :bhangra:
Original post by haleem
Ajmal to get a quick fifty....

"one more, one more, one more...bouncer for me" :bhangra:

HAHAHA "Anderson very easy for me" :bhangra:
Reply 47
:colonhash::facepalm2:

Gul to get a hattrick :bhangra:
Reply 48
HAHAHA "Anderson very easy for me" :bhangra:

:rofl:
That interview was just, amazing :daydreaming:
I hope he does well today, just so we can see an interview with him haha

The best bit was when he said "my left arm" whilst holding his right arm :rofl::rofl::facepalm2:
Original post by haleem
:colonhash::facepalm2:

Gul to get a hattrick :bhangra:

Afridi to get a hattrick. I'am extremely nervous about Gul and Riaz- if they have a day where they go all over the place then extras may be the top scorer and I will DIE THEY LOSE :bawling:
Original post by haleem
:rofl:
That interview was just, amazing :daydreaming:
I hope he does well today, just so we can see an interview with him haha

The best bit was when he said "my left arm" whilst holding his right arm :rofl::rofl::facepalm2:

ahaha yeah what a legend. I love that frown he gives batsmen when he gets a wicket.
Reply 51
If they lose, match fixing bells will be ringing :sad:
Now, the Canadian top order will do little but Rizwan Cheema and Haider Baidwan are the real dangers in my opinion. PLEASE DON'T LOSE PAKISTAN, I'll literally slit my wrists.
Reply 53
I actually went to have a shower after Afridi was out..... came back predicting that Pakistan had made 190 all out..... turns out they made less :doh:

Canada's highest score has been 123 so far..... plus this pitch looks quite good for spin... so don't think I'm worrying... although I am confused as to why Riaz is in the team... probably a good reason, but I cba checking :colondollar:
Reply 54
Now, the Canadian top order will do little but Rizwan Cheema and Haider Baidwan are the real dangers in my opinion. PLEASE DON'T LOSE PAKISTAN, I'll literally slit my wrists.

Mota Aloo, please don't do that..:afraid:
Original post by tusac
Mota Aloo, please don't do that..:afraid:

Very nervous mate. :frown: Lets see what happens.
Reply 56
Canada to lose by 30 runs. Afridi 7-10 after 10 overs.
Reply 57
Original post by Liam 09
Canada to lose by 30 runs. Afridi 7-10 after 10 overs.

You would then top the league eh, Afridi your captain? It won't happen :colonhash:
Reply 58
Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent
Wow, if Canada win this then it really would be the greatest upset ever. All credit to a brilliant innings by O'Brien yesterday, but at least Ireland have several players playing with English counties, and Canada have nothing like that.

I don't think Canada will win this, though, because their batting has been so weak (with the exception of Cheema) so far this tournament. Imagine if they did pull it off though! Pakistan 181/9 now!

Don't be a typical English supporter - looking to shift the shame from England to Pakistan lol.

Lets just assume for a minute that Canada makes the target... without even losing a wicket say.. they will have his 185 runs.

In the Ireland game - several records were broken, including the highest run chase - on top of that Ireland were approx 150/5. They still lost.

The momentum went against them, the bowlers didn't hold their nerve - they lost despite hit 300+ runs.

Pakistan are a great team no doubt - but out of all the 'major' teams, they are probably one of, if not the most inconsistent. Them losing to Canada will NOT be a great upset in any way, shape or form. Pakistan have lost in the past to many weak teams. Ireland in fact comes to mind.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by tusac
You would then top the league eh, Afridi your captain? It won't happen :colonhash:

Assuming captain changes are allowed after the match has started, he is indeed my captain. And so far the minnows and even Sri Lanka are struggling against his legspin, you heard it here first.