The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
What would Pakistan do without Afridi?! :eek4:
Original post by -M$ Ultr@-
:five: :awesome:

The part where Balaji rao called Umar Gul "pagal" was epic. :mmm:

aha yeah lol that little episode was full maa bhen between Gul, Shehzad and Rao.
Original post by Inzamam99

:laugh:
Gayle or Shakib?...
Original post by Vazzyb
I would love it, for selfish reasons. My only concern would be the chance of terrorist activity from both sides - the area is a bit troubled by these kinds of things.

No ****. You couldn't pay me enough to go to an India-Pakistan game. There are just too many ways to get killed/injured; getting hit by a Sehwag heave, suicide bombers, drowning to death after the 100k in the crowd are hit by tear gas.

**** that ****. Best seat in the house -- HD tv, comfy seat, no sweaty Indians hounding you every time a boundary's hit, cold beers on standby...

It's a no brainer.
Reply 105
Yeah but thats what im doing for the other 60 matches. Its not for the best viewing of cricket, it can be never be, tv is always going to be king for that. But, the atmosphere is amazing. I went to a match between India and Sri Lanka where India scored 420 and sri lanka nearly chased it down, it was AMAZING towards the end of the match.
I'm a fan of watching cricket games and go regularly to internationals in this country, but I can't imagine it being much fun in India and the 'reviews' from people I know who have been aren't that appealing. Unless you've got a sponsor/VIP seat or something, it's supposed to be uncomfortable for people used to going to watch a nice, civilised game of cric around these parts.

I'd quite like to go to the Windies sometime England, India (or, well, anyone that'll attract a crowd...) tour there. Great sun, not much hassle with tickets, allowed pints at the grounds, rest of the time you're lying on the beach....sounds ****in' ideal.
Reply 107
Original post by Overmars
I'm a fan of watching cricket games and go regularly to internationals in this country, but I can't imagine it being much fun in India and the 'reviews' from people I know who have been aren't that appealing. Unless you've got a sponsor/VIP seat or something, it's supposed to be uncomfortable for people used to going to watch a nice, civilised game of cric around these parts.

I'd quite like to go to the Windies sometime England, India (or, well, anyone that'll attract a crowd...) tour there. Great sun, not much hassle with tickets, allowed pints at the grounds, rest of the time you're lying on the beach....sounds ****in' ideal.

Yeah the conditions for that Sri Lana game were a bit naff. Id put up with it for one match every few months though. This time around its a sponsor seat in Ahmedabad, thankfully. Yeah West Indies sounds good! Im planning my entire elective around South Africa 2012/3 lol !
Oh Tamim what are you doing..
Bangladesh on course for the cardinal sin of not using up their, err, 20 overs...
Reply 110
Bangladesh :teehee:
Reply 111
47 more runs from 47 overs. Don't think they have a chance :shifty:
and I thought kenya was the worst. :lolwut:
Reply 113
Imagine if you paid to watch this match...done in 2 hours lol
Reply 114
nice to see the new thread :smile:
Reply 115
I never thought Bangladesh will do so badly.
Reply 116
What absolute crubmle. Only woke up now so didn't see the game but :facepalm2:

I knew we'd struggle against pace bowling but wtf :lolwut:
Reply 117
I just watched the highlights to Pakistan v Canada.

Afridi is on fire.
Reply 118
Tomorrow's match should be interesting.

Sri LAnka VS Australia.
Original post by Deshi

Original post by Deshi
What absolute crubmle. Only woke up now so didn't see the game but :facepalm2:

I knew we'd struggle against pace bowling but wtf :lolwut:

:console:

Latest