The Student Room Group

did a TEST CENTRE pass rate influence where you chose to do your test?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by shinytoy
ok anyone who isnt

a) a smug fisrt time pass
b) having their lessons and tests paid for by the bank of mom and pop
c) a country dweller with straight country roads,where the traffic is predominantly tractors

suirely other peopel must think this

Learn to spell. And country roads are not straight at all, they are curvy and thin with lots of blind spots and the speed limits are often too high - these are the most dangerous roads to drive on; the most accidents occur on these roads.
Reply 41
Original post by shinytoy
no i was with a rubbish driving school where i never did a mock test. it was funny. when i got pulled over, and the guy said 'drive on' i said 'sorry did you want to say something' thinking he'd pulled me over for a reaosn:biggrin:

My first test the driving test person kept telling me to pull over all the time. The second time it didn't happen half as much.
Reply 42
Original post by Tabers
My first test the driving test person kept telling me to pull over all the time. The second time it didn't happen half as much.

Ditto, my examiner seemed obsessed with me pulling over. I ended up stalling 3 times due to it. Not really sure how i managed to pass that test :P

I didn't even consider pass rates, just chose the closest. I'd been doing all the routes in my lessons so i knew the roads quite well. I wouldn't choose a centre far away just because they had a higher pass rate as I wouldn't know the roads and would probably have been more nervous.
Reply 43
it definately makes a difference. i did one in a rural area, there was like 1 car on the road, and the whole test was one long country road. i still failed cos of not checking mirrors, but got only 5 minors compared to like 10 on a normal city area.

Quick Reply

Latest