The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
tomek J.
hello, did anybody got an offer from LSE so far? I got in for International Relations just yesterday, anybody else got in, and if yes, will you go?

yep for maths and economics, very likely that ill go
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
tomek J.
hello, did anybody got an offer from LSE so far? I got in for International Relations just yesterday, anybody else got in, and if yes, will you go?

There is a thread with that info on, entitled LSE Offers Thread!
Reply 3
gemma1811
There is a thread with that info on, entitled LSE Offers Thread!

yeh sorry i bet ur sick of hearing thsi ive put it on most lse threads :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Leeroy
yeh sorry i bet ur sick of hearing thsi ive put it on most lse threads :rolleyes:

No - i'm pleased for ya! Its fantastic that u've got an offer! I just wanna hear from them now, its been over 3 months! grr!!!!

I only made that comment as it was a thread started that is identical to another!

Is LSE defo ur 1st choice now then? Have u finally decided on the accommodation? Is it Rosebury and Carr Sanders?
Reply 5
gemma1811
No - i'm pleased for ya! Its fantastic that u've got an offer! I just wanna hear from them now, its been over 3 months! grr!!!!

I only made that comment as it was a thread started that is identical to another!

Is LSE defo ur 1st choice now then? Have u finally decided on the accommodation? Is it Rosebury and Carr Sanders?

Pretty much decided, ABB is easy street compared to other offers. Probly put rosebery first, carr saunders second, but ill go down and have a look at them all first. Still havent actually recieved ought in the post form them thought :confused:
I take it you're waiting for the letter from LSE? It's just a booklet detailing some basic stuff about your offer. One thing to note is that they will also make you sign a financial undertaking form when you accept your offer (probably in the summer). Also I think that LSE are used to people meeting their offers- they send out the form to register for LSE's computer network and for ID cards etc before the offers come out :tongue:.
Reply 7
MuvverRussia
I take it you're waiting for the letter from LSE? It's just a booklet detailing some basic stuff about your offer. One thing to note is that they will also make you sign a financial undertaking form when you accept your offer (probably in the summer). Also I think that LSE are used to people meeting their offers- they send out the form to register for LSE's computer network and for ID cards etc before the offers come out :tongue:.

cool, sounds good. Can you remember how soon after ucas tell u u have an offer that u get a letter from LSE?

btw , wat year are you in, and subject are you doin? cheers
I got the letter about 10 days after receiving the offer.

I'm a first year accounting and finance student btw.
Reply 9
Hey Tomek J,
Congrats on your offer!
I was just wondering what A-levels you do/did and what your offer is? Im applying for International Relations too, but havent heard anything yet.
Still hoping...
Cheers
Reply 10
ming
Hey Tomek J,
Congrats on your offer!
I was just wondering what A-levels you do/did and what your offer is? Im applying for International Relations too, but havent heard anything yet.
Still hoping...
Cheers

thanks! I did the International Baccalaureate, with Higher Level English, German, Business and History. I am on my Gap Year right now (reapplying) so it's the second time I got into LSE!! Last year I got in for law, but I decided I don't want to do law. What about your A Levels? And have they told you anything at all, waiting list or something like that?
Reply 11
Ah thats cool. I did straight A-Levels in English Language, Business Studies and History (AAC respectively), so im also on gap year now.

So far have heard nothing from them at all. Not even a letter to say they received my application. But its ok. If they accept me, that would be great. If not, oh well.
We shall see...
Reply 12
ming
Ah thats cool. I did straight A-Levels in English Language, Business Studies and History (AAC respectively), so im also on gap year now.

So far have heard nothing from them at all. Not even a letter to say they received my application. But its ok. If they accept me, that would be great. If not, oh well.
We shall see...

I wish you good luck anyway. What are you doing on your gap year, and why did you reapply?
Reply 13
I havent heard anything for history and international relations yet either *doh*
Reply 14
Thanks Tomek.
Actually i didnt apply to Uni at all during my last year of A-Levels (like most people), because i didnt know what i wanted to study. Then after thinking about it more, i decided, and then applied for entry in 2004. Yea this is the first time im applying to Uni.
Im working for 6 months as a civil servant, then in March im going to spend 6 months travelling. Cannot wait!
What did you do for your gap year?
Reply 15
ming
Thanks Tomek.
Actually i didnt apply to Uni at all during my last year of A-Levels (like most people), because i didnt know what i wanted to study. Then after thinking about it more, i decided, and then applied for entry in 2004. Yea this is the first time im applying to Uni.
Im working for 6 months as a civil servant, then in March im going to spend 6 months travelling. Cannot wait!
What did you do for your gap year?

civil servant? does it mean you live in germany (just assuming, some of my friends have to do it there) ? where are you going travelling?
I volunteered for Amnesty International, worked as a private English teacher and applied to the US (which is quite a mission, all the tests and essays and all that...). Also, I'm going to france next sunday, for 4 months on a language course, am very excted already!!
MuvverRussia
I got the letter about 10 days after receiving the offer.

I'm a first year accounting and finance student btw.

Hi there... I've applied for ur course...in LSE...still waiting for reply
i'm a boy from Hong Kong and actually i've got some questions to ask u....if u dun mind~
I know they're usually late in giving offers...but can u tell me when u received ur offer last year? i just wanna have a brief idea...
and...what a-levels did u do ? i know u must have done well
now i'm doing maths, econ and history with further AS maths....dropped AS Computing...got AABC (Computing) in AS and predicted AAB with A/B(further AS maths) this yr...academically, is this a gd pattern to qualify for the course? GCSE...6A* 1A 3B (IT and english x 2)
and...perhaps more importantly, what u think about the course so far? interesting ? demanding? do want to know coz i've got no background of studying these two issues...

many thanks...~
Reply 17
tomek J.

ive applied to study economics and geography
i havent heard at all from LSE yet - is this a good or bad thing?
Reply 18
neosyko
ive applied to study economics and geography
i havent heard at all from LSE yet - is this a good or bad thing?

There are loads of people that are still waiting to hear from LSE! however i know of a number of people that have been rejected, so im assuming that it is a good thing, in a way, that we haven't heard from them, as it at least means that we are being considered, n not just rejected straight away! When did u apply?
Reply 19
i applied back in october.

have u applied to lse as well (sorry if you've already said - ive only skimmed through the above)

Latest

Trending

Trending