The Student Room Group

Where do rich kids by their clothes from?

Scroll to see replies

Just finished shopping on selfriges. £3,5000 not bad for a few items, dads home tomorrow ill grab his credit card then
I think the general stereotype is Abercrombie & Fitch, Jack Wills, Hollister etc. Paul's Boutique seems to be a popular one among Rahs too. That said, the majority of Rahs I've seen/met, especially the ones who go all-out with the voice and who still call their parents "Mummy" and "Daddy" even when they don't want something, they seem to wear little vintage "numbers" from out-there, wacky vintage shops, and walk around looking ridiculous :awesome:
Reply 22
Dunno most probably designer brands like Burberry, Chanel, D&G, Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Louis Vuitton etc.
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Why do people think abercrombie is expensive or for rich people? I see lots of low class people wearing A+F/hollister like all the time.

Because it is expensive? I don't know how I ever paid so much for tracksuit pants. And until a few years ago the only way people in the UK and Ireland could buy stuff there was by going to America or getting it online, it's a prestige thing. Obviously living in America where there's more than one or two branches in the country, and the clothes are not so hideously overpriced you're going to see it on more, erm..."low class" people
Original post by mau5
Hollister is a total peasants shop and all saints is pretty cheap which is why so many people wear it.

peasants?
Reply 25
Do you not watch Gossip Girl?
Reply 26
Original post by HomeoApathy92
peasants?

An especially pathetic, low to moderate income individual that attempts to inflate their perceived social status by acquiring material goods sometimes associated with their wealthier counterparts - but immediately identifiable as peasants by their attempts to do so.
Stores:
Harvey Nics
Selfridges
Harrods
Browns

Brands: Dior, D&G, Prada, Gucci, Miu Miu, Louis Vuitton, Vivienne Westwood, Marchesa etc etc

Or Savile Row/bespoke suiters
(edited 13 years ago)
All sorts of places. Rich people can afford clothes from shops which sell expensive clothes and those which sell cheaper clothes. And if they have any sense, they'll know that it is often appropriate to buy the cheaper clothes, rather than losing sleep over not having the correct designer label. Hopefully they have more important things to worry about.

Instead, they'll just pick up whichever clothes they like - regardless of which shop happens to be selling it, or how expensive it happens to be (as long as it's not ridiculous).

Edit: Look at the type of clothes Princes William and Harry wear, for example. It looks quite generic, and could be from almost anywhere.
(edited 13 years ago)
I would imagine proper little boutiques, or designer stuff ie Versace, Gucci etc?
Original post by mau5

how does going to a more expensive shop once in a while to treat yourself make you pathetic?
the only pathetic people are those who think like this
Original post by lyrical_lie
abercrombie

No just no.
Reply 32
Do you mean where do rich kids parents buy their clothes from...?
Reply 33
Abercombie is for poofs! If you really wanna pull of the rich man look go to Bond Street go into any shop and bang you'll look rich! Otherwise you can buy Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Prada etc - they all have their individual boutiques so just go there directly.

P.S most of them stores dont have price tags on the clothing - so you know you gotta be rich to shop there lol
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
Designer boutiques, those shops in town where everything is expensive and hardly anyone is in. Buy from online designer shops.
Your mum.
Reply 36
The family tailor.
Reply 37
Hollister isn't really expensive on the scale of things, though personally I think a white tshirt which says HOLLISTER with a picture of a bird on it would be a joke at a fiver let alone 30 quid or whatever.
Who the **** cares?
Donnay and Umbro are certainly what you'd class as a brand worn by the 'higher classes'.

Quick Reply

Latest