The Student Room Group

Where do rich kids by their clothes from?

Scroll to see replies

Why is so much hate directed at Hollister? Some people actually quite like the design of their clothes and their prices are hardly comparable to those found in these Italian boutiques.
Jack Wills, All Saints
For men Hackett and Thomas Pink seem to be pretty in :smile: x
Abercrombie and Fitch, Juicy Couture, Gucci, Prada etc. :smile:

Stores: Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, Holt Renefrew, and Neiman Marcus:smile:

SAKS is amazing to run up all 7 floors:P I saw one dress I liked and it was $15,000; sad to say, I didn't get it....hmmm, I wonder why? lol:P
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by kbountra
Why is so much hate directed at Hollister? Some people actually quite like the design of their clothes and their prices are hardly comparable to those found in these Italian boutiques.

Hollister is $19.99 in Canada, so about 12 pounds:tongue: But I do admit, I like their sweatshirts:smile: x
I think a few shop at charity shops, when I was volunteering at a one there were quite a few rich looking people. I think it's the whole green and recycling thing..trend..ohh I dunno.
Anyone here shop at charity shops??
Reply 46
Lol at Gucci and Prada they make me sick,

Jaeger
Barbour
Nicole Farhi
Vivienne Westwood
Paul smith
Antonio Berardi (Girls)
Aquascutum

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.
If you PM me i will go through my wardrobe and tell you a few more.

Rory
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Rory :)
Lol at Gucci and Prada they make me sick,

Jaeger
Barbour
Nicole Farhi
Vivienne Westwood
Paul smith
Antonio Berardi (Girls)
Aquascutum

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.
If you PM me i will go through my wardrobe and tell you a few more.

Rory

Prada is such an awesome shoe and jacket maker:O Their shoes are so comfy:smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Purplecupcake
Prada is such an awesome shoe and jacket maker:O Their shoes are so comfy:smile:

That might be.
But when everyone starts wearing something, it loses its exclusiveness :smile:
This is not really a shop per say, but singer22 [http://www.singer22.com/] gives you all the celebrity clothing; it's really neat:smile: x
That might be.
But when everyone starts wearing something, it loses its exclusiveness :smile:

That's true:smile:
Reply 51
Original post by HomeoApathy92
how does going to a more expensive shop once in a while to treat yourself make you pathetic?
the only pathetic people are those who think like this

It was a definition quote, not my opinion. Saying that Hollister is a peasant make though, if anyone wants to gor for the rah preppy look you might aswell go for Jack Wills or A&F not the cheap version.
Original post by lyrical_lie
Jack wills, holister, abercrombie, all saints. Places like that? :s

Those are more like places where people who want to look rich shop at (you forgot Superdry in there).

Genuinely rich people would hit the designer shops (or at least the quasi-designer ones) and would probably avoid off-the-rack if they could afford to.
Reply 53
That's true:smile:

Its like ugg boots they was nice, then every girl (and some men) started wearing them, now they only look good when she's naked standing their like an Australian beast. :biggrin:
Its like ugg boots they was nice, then every girl (and some men) started wearing them, now they only look good when she's naked standing their like an Australian beast. :biggrin:

haha, no comment:P I still have my uggs, quite comfy too. Though I think they make my feet look like a ducks?!
Reply 55
haha, no comment:P I still have my uggs, quite comfy too. Though I think they make my feet look like a ducks?!

I see what you mean :redface:
To be honest even stuff like louis vuitton, versace, armani, gucci, dolce & gabanna etc. are all pretty common and can be afforded by well-off middle class people.

From what I've seen, the really rich people buy their clothes from private designers from exclusive little boutiques. The clothes usually don't have a badge or logo on them, they're plain...but they're really some limited edition piece from a designer's line.

Why? Because of the exclusivity, they're almost sure not to find any other person wearing the same thing...or even knowing where to buy it from.

It's the same with cosmetics, when you get all these celebrities doing adverts about how they use l'oreal and all that. *******s. These products and brands are for the masses. They wear and use products that are so exclusive only special clients are aware of their existence.
Reply 57
For the posh uni kids -

A&F, Lacoste, Ralph Lauren and Jack Wills seem to be the 'in-thing'.

I have seen the occasional Hermes, Gucci, Prada and D&G people.
Original post by noddy240
A&F

Why do people keep saying A+F? it isn't for rich kids at all, it is commoners clothing :tongue: I'd admit that they have the odd nice thing but it isn't for richies :smile:
Original post by mau5
Hollister is a total peasants shop and all saints is pretty cheap which is why so many people wear it.

Allsaints is expensive, I don't know if you've been in Glasgow recently at all, but the huge new one in buchanan street I went in, and their sale stuff was still dearer than normal shops. I'll stick to topshop and river island :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest