The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Which nottingham club is best and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've been to Oceana, Media, The Works, Ocean, Isis, Jumpin Jacks, Stealth and the Rescue rooms.

Oceana, Ocean, Isis and Jumpin Jacks were all terrible in my opinion. The DJ's are pretty bad, and simply play the cheesiest of cheese. Oceana is simply to busy, Ocean is a dump and Isis is just plain tacky.

On the other hand I reckon Stealth and the Rescue rooms are two of the best. They have a really wide variety if music going on on different nights, and if you can a find a night with the music you want then they're really good. Except for on Saturday nights when over half the people there are on Coke or pills and you get approached for stuff constantly. Media on AU night is a good laugh. Your surrounded by your sports buddies and free champagne helps get the party going.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
Zeus
I've been to Oceana, Media, The Works, Ocean, Isis, Jumpin Jacks, Stealth and the Rescue rooms.

Oceana, Ocean, Isis and Jumpin Jacks were all terrible in my opinion. The DJ's are pretty bad, and simply play the cheesiest of cheese. Oceana is simply to busy, Ocean is a dump and Isis is just plain tacky.

On the other hand I reckon Stealth and the Rescue rooms are two of the best. They have a really wide variety if music going on on different nights, and if you can a find a night with the music you want then they're really good. Except for on Saturday nights when over half the people there are on Coke or pills and you get approached for stuff constantly. Media on AU night is a good laugh. Your surrounded by your sports buddies and free champagne helps get the party going.

Finally, someone who knows it. check out the social too fella.
Zeus

oceania on a thursday night was pretty bad, poor choice of music and my sister went up to request a song as it was her friends 22nd and they said no and that if they didn't like the music already playing they could leave!!

stealth was pretty good compared to the others, altho i only went once in week 1, so in total i've been to stealth, mode, oceana, ocean, cookie club. not been 2 media, works or isis although i'm reliably informed isis is a dump.

also you in cripps hall like me! cool! what block are you in -if thats not too personal.. i'm in L block.
going to oceana tomorrow night, might see some of you nottingham uni lot there :biggrin:
Reply 44
£7 all u can drink and entry to oceana i heard, think ill be going to that.
Reply 45
I'm bored of all the clubs at the moment to be honest. Being a fresher, I've been to clubs at least 3 nights per weeks since I've been here and it's old already.
Reply 46
....then start exploring the numerous cool pubs and bars which nottingham has to offer. Traditionally you shouldn't start all that until your second year but if you're that bored then you can start early I guess. Quality of nights out depend more upon who your with rather than the places you go to i find anyway...
Ollie87
I'm bored of all the clubs at the moment to be honest. Being a fresher, I've been to clubs at least 3 nights per weeks since I've been here and it's old already.

whoa thats a lot of clubbing! i've been once to all the ones ive been to
Reply 48
Isis is one of the best nightclubs in Nottingham

Check out recent photos @ Isis photos
Reply 49
Well you would say that.
Reply 50
The works is advertising for its christmas party are you sure its gettin closed down soon, i was there only a week ago and everything seemed fine to me? Its a shame if it does go as its one of the only decent clubs in the city.
Reply 51
Rock City is good (at least it was until they started ID'ing me, ahem...) for anyone whos into... well, the rock/metal etc side of music! And I like Rescue Rooms. Rock City has some great gigs.

Although, like someone else said I prefer the bars and pubs of Nottingham as they are much more friendly! the Malt Cross is an amazing place, by day or night. I lived in there last summer.
Reply 52
simeon
Kids today!:rolleyes: :p:

Think along the lines of Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Meat Beat Manifesto, Front 242, Front Line Assembly, Laibach, Nitzer Ebb, Rammstein etc.

Beats the crap out of any of the 'R&B' ***** around these days.:biggrin:

KMFDM - Mortal Kombat Theme

not for the feint hearted
Reply 53
The Lost Weekend is a good club but only at the weekends as thats when they play all the dance music which i like :smile:. The Edge is also a good club quite underground, great if you like Hardcore and Drum n Bass
Reply 54
Ocean and Isis are the best
mode and media blow
oceana is distinctly average
Reply 55
The works WAS the best club as i liked the music in there and the green lazer was wicked, espeically when the occasionally had their trance nights. But of the ones left open Mode on a saturday night is good, the funky house night, but on thursday and friday nights its spot the white person. Oceana im bored with and Ocean gets too busy and hot. Rock City is good on thursday night, a real mix of decent music.
Reply 56
Any club with alcohol is good enough for me!!! Although i know most have them, i hate clubs with the geezers in the toilet they ALWAYS break up my fights before i get to introduce people to my two associates, left and right knuckle, and kck me out.:hmmm:
Reply 57
why do you want to fight people in the toilets? or anywhere to be honest, sounds a bit sad to me?
Reply 58
Higgy
why do you want to fight people in the toilets? or anywhere to be honest, sounds a bit sad to me?

Well this one time some w*nker drank my pint! He had it coming to him, b*stard!!! Another time someone nicked my bird claiming i had stolen her!1

Get the picture!!!???:hmmm:
Reply 59
Oceana pretty cool, its like Disney Land, with alcohol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending