The Student Room Group

Job Prospects for Occupational Therapy?

Hello !

I was wondering from personal experience or word of mouth what people have heard job prospects are like for students who are/have studied Occupational Therapy?

Are there plenty of jobs available to graduates in this profession? or would it be similar to any other course?

many thanks!
Reply 1
I am currently studying OT and from being on placement, talking to tutors and fellow students there is a definite shortage of jobs out there. However this is no different from most other career choices, and the good thing about OT is there are so many different settings that you can work in finding private work should, in theory, be quite easy. :confused:

In the NHS current issues are to do with cuts and budgeting (thank you government) and the cut backs mean that those OTs currently at Band 5 arent being given the opportunity to progress to Band 6 and make room for newly qualifieds. As well as this Band 7 are being restricted and in some places downgraded!

Lets just say I have everything crossed that over the next few years things will begin to turn around.....if not they want OTs in the USA! ha!

Quick Reply

Latest