Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The worst food moments in life.

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eating a Dairylea Dunker, reaching the end and you've not gauged it properly.

You are now presented with:

- A blob of dip left and nothing to dunk in. You must then scrape it onto your finger and get yourself a bit manky.

- Dunkers but no cheese left. Even more gutting... Dry Breadsticks Ahoy.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Eating a Dairylea Dunker, reaching the end and you've not gauged it properly.

You are now presented with:

- A blob of dip left and nothing to dunk in. You must then scrape it onto your finger and get yourself a bit manky.

- Dunkers but no cheese left. Even more gutting... Dry Breadsticks Ahoy.
    Oh, so true! The same problem with these..

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)

I don't get it. Didn't you realise you disliked the taste while you were chewing? If not... then, well you probably like squid rings :P
    Hahah you sound like my dad! I don't like them on principal, anything that has lived under the sea tends to freak me out
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_and_spice)
    Hahah you sound like my dad! I don't like them on principal, anything that has lived under the sea tends to freak me out
    You'd hate my battered Mermaid then. :cool: But no, I love deep fried squid. Especially in Spain! S'lovely. But I will admit, if I thought it was onion going into it, I'd feel a great anti-climax. Can't beat a good ol' ring of onion. I want to be proposed to with one!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)

Oh yes, mega issues with that, I can only get it right about 5% of the time...

For me, its having a lovely bacon sandwich with tomato sauce in warm bread with butter... but just as you are about to tuck in BAM! A blocked nose and no taste.

Darn you winter!!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)

They should start making kfc bucket sized portions, of the white chocolate dip. :sogood:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Biting into a piece of gristle and it just ruins the WHOLE piece of meat
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Or, biting into one of those black growth things on a jacket potato. Tragic times!
    • 51 followers

ReputationRep:
    How about a drink moment rather than food?

Back when I was ten, my dad invited a potential employer round to our house for dinner, a kind of "meet the family" thing. About midway through the meal I reached for my glass of lemonade, which tasted utterly revolting and unlike anything I'd ever drunk before. I told my mum it was horrible, and in an effort not to make a scene in front of dad's new boss told me to "be quiet and just drink it", so through gritted teeth I tried again, and stomached a bit more before complaining again. By this point my brother had picked up on my grimaces and tried it for himself, and also began commenting on how disgusting it was. Getting pretty irate about his two children whinging in front of his new boss, my dad stood up and proclaimed "For god's sake, it's only lemonade!" before taking a large mouthful, and spraying his boss with it as he spat it out immediately.

Turns out they'd forgotten that they'd used the bottle to hold a different drink after cracking the original bottle a month before. My parent's had essentially been force-feeding us neat gin. Needless to say after forcing his pre-teen children to drink booze, shouting at them for objecting, and spitting on him, my dad was not offered the position =P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had a bit of a tense one yesterday, which could've ended in tragedy.

I had a plate of cheese on toast which needed transporting from the kitchen, but in the other hand I had a mug of tea which also needed carrying. Sadly for me, both the doors involved in my journey from the kitchen to my room are on the pull side, and as I attempted to open the kitchen door, the toast slid precariously towards the edge of the plate, and was saved in the nick of time by my hoodie-clad ribcage. I then reached my bedroom door, thinking all obstacles had been overcome, and THE SAME THING HAPPENED. I risked the life of my cheese on toast twice, and for that, I will never forgive myself. :emo:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you bite into half of your bacon butty and decide you want a drink so you go to the sink, get the drink, turn round and notice that the half of the butty you were just eating has mysteriously disappeared, yet you're sure it was there a moment before but get on with eating the other half anyway. 2 hours later when you're doing the ironing you turn round and see the half that vanished lying on the floor. And you can't even pick it up and eat it cos its stale by then. Devestated.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Once I peeled a banana, and then accidentally threw the banana in the bin and kept the skin.

It was definitely a FUUUUUU- moment.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cooking a baked potato in the oven for over an hour, all the while fantasizing about how delicious it is going to be with it's dark crispy skin and fluffy center, plunging the knife into it and then realizing that in the middle it is rotten and black. Seriously, just kill me now...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    overcooking pasta is always a disappointment
    biting into what you think is a chocolate spread sandwich..only to find it's marmite.
    taking the first bite of a cream slice, only for all the cream to come out of the other end and ruin the rest of the cream slice.
    i also once tried to balance my cup of tea and toast in one hand while opening a door, only to spill the tea all over the toast. double devastation.
    and not forgetting stale cereal because some mother****er left the box open.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    My cousin accidently made me a cup of tea with salt, rather than sugar.

For some reason, we keep the salt in an unmarked glass jar on the counter at home. The sugar is on the shelf next to the teabags, in a jar marked "sugar". He clearly didn't see it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you go to Tesco and buy a green packet of crisps expecting it to be salt and vinegar flavour, but you get home and find that Tesco use the opposite colours to Walkers and you really have cheese and onion crisps.

(Original post by Jade2009)
    I also hate it when I dip biscuits into tea and it falls in! Or when I get up in the morning to make a cup of tea, and then find out that there's no milk/teabags. Such a disappointment.
    Reminds me of this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJr9ekTf0xc
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you take a bite out of an apple and see half a maggot left inside.. :puke:

..or when you try and split a custard cream in half, only for one of the biscuit sides to break in half
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Biting into a Kit Kat to realise it's solid.
    I've always wanted that to happen to me! That's one dream that has never materialised
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I'm starving and start tucking into a lovely looking heap of pasta/rice with a meaty/vegetable sauce, only to find someone has RUINED IT UTTERLY by adding chilli! Arrrgh, that happened sooo often at school - I'd ask if it was spicy at all, be assured it wasn't, then find out it was after all when I started eating!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really looking forward to that curry/chocolate pudding/egg and chips/broccoili/soup/cottage cheese, walking into the other room for a few seconds, and walking back into the kitchen to see the cat with his face in it. DAMN YOU JASPER!

All the food that's been wasted because of that damn cat.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 18, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis are the poshest?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.