Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The worst food moments in life.

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Making gravy but it ends up too thick. Several times I've made a complete mess up of making it and in the end decided to do without it. Then you got a lumpy mess to clear up in the cup afterwards.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    Being really hungry and wanting to cook the lunch that you've been looking forward to all through your morning shift only to find your kitchen is taken over and there's no room for you to do anything, anywhere!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My worst food memory ever is a tough call between two things.

1) When I was like eleven I was going on holiday and had to take malaria tablets but hated swallowing pills, so I took my first pills and mashed them up into a big meal I was having. It made the entire thing taste like the foulest thing you can imagine x 10. then x 10 again just to be sure. I can't describe how horrific it was. An easy first place.

2) Malaria related again, this time - when I'd caught it ( ) blame the bad style of drug taking, - I was a little bit poorly I think it's fair to say, and I went to a fish market to get something to eat. It was a horrific experience, and I was very lucky to make it out of there without a traumatic experience occurring. And that's all I have to say about that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I once put my plate of lasagne on the edge of the sofa while I went to get the TV remote, sat down and the plate slid off the sofa and landed, upside-down, on the floor.
    And then there was the time I tripped coming up the stairs and catapulted all the spaghetti bolognese out of my bowl, on to the wall and carpet. Yum.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Opening an ice cream tub and finding curry inside -.-
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh I like this

When i was a little boy i used to have to take my shirt off when I ate curries because They where too hot, my parents insist on telling all my friends this fact.

Similar story with a pot of youghurt and my mums new curtains, she was not best pleases, im still amazed that a toddler can get a glob of muller corner to the top of a 7 foot curtain using nothing but a teaspoon and the side of the youghurt pot.

Also my dad once thought it was funny to give me a chilli that he had grown himself without telling me that it was verry verry hot.

Needless to say I thougt my kidneys where trying to escape through my tearducts and it pretty much induces a full scale asthma attack...

actually now I think about it does anyone else get the feeling my parents don't like me very much
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sach2K10)
    Opening an ice cream tub and finding curry inside -.-
    I did worse. Opened an ice cream and found snails inside. Garden snails, alive!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When the watery part of ketchup gets into your food
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you ask your Mum to pick up some Ketchup and she gets supermarket brand. "that's alright, it's all the same aint it?!" No Mum, it's not alright and it's not the same. Take that filth away from me.

HEINZ is the only way to go for tommy k.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Went to Nandos last night. And it was so disappointing, Really don't get the big deal.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm with you, OU Student. It's like... "oh nice, plain, regular chicken cooked the way my mum makes it. Except it's £8. The sauce is awesome but... I can buy it at Tesco?"
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Went to Nandos last night. And it was so disappointing, Really don't get the big deal.

I've never been to Nandos and people are like this :eek: when I tell them.I honestly dont see the attraction.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    In fairness, the mushroom and halloumi is pretty gorgeous. Worth a shout.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Did 6 hours of revision throughout a whole day recently, doing all that work towards a muffin I had saved from the previous day. Went down to fetch it, turned out my sister had eaten mine as well as hers the day before... this was very upsetting...
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    I'm with you, OU Student. It's like... "oh nice, plain, regular chicken cooked the way my mum makes it. Except it's £8. The sauce is awesome but... I can buy it at Tesco?"
    I've had the "medium" sauce on the chicken twice. The first time, I finished it, went out and vomited.

Both times, I thought it was far too hot. I do like spicy food; but not that spicy.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I Also think Nando's is an average establishment with an underserved reputation. Average chicken, average chips...might as well go KFC, although I doubt it's hip enough for the Nandos slickers.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I took a banana to school for my breaktime snack in an attempt to be healthy and I completely forgot and found it a week later squished under my books.

I still remember the smell now.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunsetNightmares)
    I once put my plate of lasagne on the edge of the sofa while I went to get the TV remote, sat down and the plate slid off the sofa and landed, upside-down, on the floor.
    And then there was the time I tripped coming up the stairs and catapulted all the spaghetti bolognese out of my bowl, on to the wall and carpet. Yum.
    I was carrying a pot of melted cheese and some biscuits upstairs very carefully a while ago as the pot was still hot, got half way up the stairs and went flying. Managed to scoop up what I could and ran to my room where I cried for a solid five minutes (In my defense, I whacked my knee as I fell too!)
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Today's egg pasta came out a little bit, um, crunchier than intended.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Had a curry last night... came out faster than I ate it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 18, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.