The Student Room Group

How many hours do you revise?

So yeah near to Easter then a couple of weeks then we got our GCSE's. How long have you been revising each day? For myself it's been 2 hours on weekdays and about 3-4 on weekends, I've dropped maths so I've only been revising for Science & English.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
make up a revision plan and make sure that you stick to it.....during my G.C.S.E's i revised 3-4 hours at week days and atleast 5 hours at the weekends....probably because i was doing maths as well....Good luck!!! xx
about 4hrs a day :tongue:
you dropped maths? pretty sure maths gcse is compulsory. and what about all the other subjects you're taking? surely you care what you get in them too?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
I thought maths was mandatory as well? Wow, if I'd have known I could drop Maths life would have been so much easier. T_T

I don't really have a schedule/plan how many hours I revise. I just do it when I have a spare hour or so. Generally, I revise both Science and English, because I like Science and because English Lit has things like Of Mice and Men, so you need to know key themes etc.
Reply 5
Meh, right now i'm doing a couple of hours a night, but that's mainly homework and coursework, and the real revision only really happens on the weekend for i'd say 4 hours?
Reply 6
wow i havent started. I really should right?
Reply 7
aint started but it will be 1hr per subject three subjects?

fml + ict + art
Reply 8
Original post by SARAHLOUY
wow i havent started. I really should right?

I haven't started either don't panic there's plenty of time
Reply 9
Haven't started yet :/ probably should.

In the week my exams start I have 7 that week and two are actually at the same time :s-smilie:

also, hi
Reply 10
Crap. I haven't started you have all made me look bad! :O
Reply 11
An hour a night and a few hours on sunday evening. I'll make it more intense in the Easter holidays :smile:
Revise for just 2 hours or less a day, and take a break (do something else like watching a video on youtube or listen to some music) then head back to revision. Stop when you feel like you have enough! :wink: hope this helps anyone here.
Reply 13
I think I started in study leave... which was 2 weeks before. And even then, I was liberal with revision...
If you want to go to university most subjects want grade C or above in Maths and English.. not to mention sixth forms. When I applied for my job, my boss asked me whether I had B or above in maths (I do) and that has NOTHING to do with numbers!
I have to revise for 10 subjects...
Well, because you have to revise for 10 subjects, take the most important ones first and understand them thoroughly, so make sure you do that. Then move on to the next one and so on. In between subjects go back to the first few ones you revised. Take it easy kasiasunshine, you will be fine if you relax and follow my advice.
Reply 17
I just need to get some coursework out of the way, and do bloody art work, really getting in the way, I only have 11 exams, and 8 subjects to revise for anyway, also in my exam timetable I have huge gaps, 9 days is the biggest one without an exam, so I gotta concentrate on the ones I won't have a gap to revise in for, so far its english and biology :s This sucks lol
Follow my advice implo?
Reply 19
Original post by Sokka
yh art is the worst man - it eats up your time so much, and i cant even be bothered to pick up a pencil... sucks .

Haha I know right! Doesn't help that I'm behind so my teacher really hates me, and I'm forced to spend my 30mins morning registration in an art room, which really de-motivates me. Whats worse is me teacher has such a big go at me, when others are not that far ahead, they just talk to and kiss up to the teacher more. Man just thinking about it kills me inside, in fact I should be doing art work right now, but I would rather sit here and read through the forums lol. In fact I would also rather write a paragraph on how much I hate it and why, ARGHHHHH ART :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Quick Reply