The Student Room Group

Is going to the gym everyday bad?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
.... No? thats like saying is eating healthy food everyday bad for me?... Why would it be bad? well unless you have weak muslces and you over do it when your at the gym then maybe yes....... When i was in year 9 i had to do a 400m sprint ..... i did no training and hadn't ran for a looooooooooong time.... when i started running i was ahead of everyone and when i got to the end i feel to the ground i couldn't stand up! i had to go to the hospital and i was in crutches!
,,,, you sprinted 400meters and died?

that isnt even a third of a mile. Are you sure you don't mean 4000m which is 2-3 miles which i guess would make more sense
Reply 62
Original post by Ineedaplace
when you do a dirty bulk you will eat pizza icecream etc. But i agree 2.5 pounds of muscle a week is massive gains, but if you see some of he transformations it is not so much but it is a hell of alot more then i manage normally

please stop talking ****, you can't gain 2.5lbs of muscle a week without steroids, I doubt you could manage it with steroids, you'd struggle to do 2.5 in a month
LOL can you read english?

But i agree 2.5 pounds of muscle a week is massive gains, but if you see some of he transformations it is not so much but it is a hell of alot more then i manage normally.

It implies actors going under transformation gain less then 2.5 pounds a week even on steroids. Also that i manage ALOT less.

I do about 1-2 pounds a month lean mass. I am 13.7 stone.
Reply 64
I am on alot of suppplements yes. Core = squat, military press, bench press, deadlift...

So i squat twice a week. Hit biceps twice a week as well. I work out 2 hours a day, but if i had time i would 100% look into working out 6 hours like those actors. They SWEAR they aren't on steds as well. It is funny how when people get big everyone cries steds but won't give the workout even a try.

You don't need to do biceps once a week, they recover faster.... If you dont like curling twice. Just do a split like:

back triceps,
chest biceps.

Different work outs work for different people. I am gaining steadily on this work out.

Seriously how much volume or how little intensity must you have to be in the gym for two hours?
Stop being such a bunch of pussies.

99.9% of people don't train hard enough.
Yes i agree ALOT of guys need to start pumping some branch chain amino acids, multi vitamins, glutamine, creatine and protein shakes then hitting it harder.

2 hours is including changing time....

10 minutes changing.
10 minutes warm up.
1hr 30 minutes weight lifting.
10 minutes cooldown//warm down.

I don't stand around and chat, 1 minute rest between sets. AGAIN i am not advising you do this, i am just saying this is what I do. If you have very little gym experience and try going for even 1hour a day for 5 days you will overtrain.

Although i do advise take this supplement "SuperPump 250" .... ignore the health warnings, it is a crazy sup :smile:
Reply 67
I go to the gym everyday but I don't spend a long time there. I tend to go everyday for about 45 minutes. But I just focus on cardio exercises. I don't spend all my time using the weight machines, that may be bad for you if thats what you do. Take at least one day off to have a break.
Yes i agree ALOT of guys need to start pumping some branch chain amino acids, multi vitamins, glutamine, creatine and protein shakes then hitting it harder.

2 hours is including changing time....

10 minutes changing.
10 minutes warm up.
1hr 30 minutes weight lifting.

10 minutes cooldown//warm down.

I don't stand around and chat, 1 minute rest between sets. AGAIN i am not advising you do this, i am just saying this is what I do. If you have very little gym experience and try going for even 1hour a day for 5 days you will overtrain.

Although i do advise take this supplement "SuperPump 250" .... ignore the health warnings, it is a crazy sup :smile:

So you're doing about 80 sets of weights in your time in the free weights then?

I'm doing 3*5 on the major lifts followed by 3 sets of chins and curls and everything has a good 2/3 mins rest minimum and i'm only in there for 45 mins...

How do you spend so long in there with such small rests?
You have to walk about in the gym too. Sometimes i super-set too.

6x8 flat bench
5x8 decline bench
5x8 incline bench
5x10 pect fly
5x10 cable cross
5x10 cable fly

it is more around 31 sets on chest, then triceps.
I've spent over an hour and a half in the gym plenty of times.
Reply 71
!!!! how can you even say not to lift weights more then 3 times a week..... Maybe if you are a total beginner do every other day, but a few weeks in you should be going 4 times a week.

because I AM A QUALIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER YOU you body need to recover if you go 4 times a week you WILL get hurt ive seen it happen many times

i have been qualified for over 3years now you go 4 times a day lifting weights you will hurt yourself it may not affect you at 1st but it could later in lifr
I can't believe you are telling people not to go more then 3 times a week......

I won't post in this thread anymore, it is sheer stupidity.
Reply 73
Original post by ADBozz
because I AM A QUALIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER YOU you body need to recover if you go 4 times a week you WILL get hurt ive seen it happen many times

i have been qualified for over 3years now you go 4 times a day lifting weights you will hurt yourself it may not affect you at 1st but it could later in lifr

Ineedaplace chats a lot of **** but telling people that working out more than 3 times a week is bad is just as moronic

I guess all those pro athletes are just crippling themselves for later life aren't they :rolleyes:
Original post by ADBozz

Original post by ADBozz

lulz
Reply 75
It depends what your goals are and what body type you are when it comes down to going a lot . A lot of people believe its bad , as your body isnt recovering. If you are specific with developing areas though it has results.
Benefits of a structured programme is that your metabolism usually increases, and you work your muscles out regularly.

But as ever with this, it is what you put in to your body which is what matters.
Work hard, train hard, eat right.
Reply 76
Original post by Arturo Bandini
Stop being such a bunch of pussies.

99.9% of people don't train hard enough.

This basically sums it up. Most the posts in this thread are horrible.

Ok beginners shouldn't be training super hard everyday, but it doesn't take long to adapt.

Plus I reckon people doing starting strength view it wrong....it's a routine to get american football players big, strong and fast. So do the rotuine plus other training which should be rugby, football, sprints etc

If you just spend 45mins a week 3x a week and nothing else and expect to be super strong and with a 6 pac in a year just because you have a few protein shakes on top of that, it's not going to happen.
(edited 12 years ago)
ive gone from weight lifting 2-3 times a week to 5-6 days a week, it just happened naturally, i felt like i needed to do more so i did

listen to your body
Original post by ADBozz

Oh lawd what a phaggot

Original post by McHumpy92
This basically sums it up. Most the posts in this thread are horrible.

Ok beginners shouldn't be training super hard everyday, but it doesn't take long to adapt.

Plus I reckon people doing starting strength view it wrong....it's a routine to get american football players big, strong and fast. So do the rotuine plus other training which should be rugby, football, sprints etc

If you just spend 45mins a week 3x a week and nothing else and expect to be super strong and with a 6 pac in a year just because you have a few protein shakes on top of that, it's not going to happen.

Overtraining is easily the best marketing phrase used throughout bodybuilding.

I am not saying it is possible to squat to maximum or whack out five heavy sets of deadlifts each day, what I am saying is that if your train LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN then you should be fine.

Mainly because that is what we are supposed to do - I assume many on here have not laboured. It is boring job, summed up by you carrying bricks, wheelbarrows of sand and lifting bags of cement et. al. to a destination. This is what can be done every day (because many do) and there is no overtraining here.

The effort required for lifting is similar to labouring and overtraining is false, it is imply not adapting.

edit; fwif I lift 5-7 days each week and squat 5 days in a row per week.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest