The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
At least you can use it to wipe your arse.
Reply 81
Don't cut your hair! It's beautiful.
I have hip length dark hair and I'm growing mine till tailbone.
For job interviews and stuff, you can just wear it up!
Reply 82
wow!
you must be able to whip that back and forth like a mother****er
Reply 83
cut it or plait it or do SOMETHING with it! Otherwise you'll just look like a lazy hippy.
Wow. Your hair does look really child-like like that. Mid-back length and some styling would be much better. Then you can wear it up, down and in different styles; curls, waves, straight etc. Can go wild with it :h:

I am really suprised that a lot of that looks really healthy! At that length most of the hair is dead.
Reply 85
><

If you get it cut you'll no doubt miss it.
It's your own personal preference.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by naomi1988
OK, so basically I am a female and I have very long hair. I haven't cut it in about 4 years and it has got really long to the point where I have to tie it up all the time. I virtually never wear it down for nights out etc. Some of my friends have started taking the mickey out of me (in a kind way I should add) calling me rapunzel and things like that which kind of annoys me.
Also, I am approaching the end of university and so think that my hair is going to be too long for job interviews, work etc. when I go out into the real world.
Here is a pic. Let me know what you think?
Do you think I should cut my hair?
I am thinking of going to mid-back or shoulder length.

You have a nice mane of hair and might I add a nice pair of shapely legs.
Reply 87
Original post by Stephen9a
You have a nice mane of hair and might I add a nice pair of shapely legs.

Hehe thanks, I just realised that my hair is longer than my shorts in this pic though :redface: I had just got in from going for a jog that is my excuse :tongue:
Reply 88
Original post by Loz17
Wow. Your hair does look really child-like like that. Mid-back length and some styling would be much better. Then you can wear it up, down and in different styles; curls, waves, straight etc. Can go wild with it :h:

I am really suprised that a lot of that looks really healthy! At that length most of the hair is dead.

Thanks for you reply :smile:

What makes you think it looks child-like? If anything I think it is the opposite and makes me look older than I actually am.

I can do all of those things with my current length, well I can wear it up, down and in different styles such as a plait, two plaits, half up half & down etc. I wouldn't curl or straighten it though because I don't want to damage the hair.

Yeah, I think I have kept it quite healthy. I haven't gone over the top though, I have just done sensible things like tie it up for sport or wear a swimming cap if I go to a pool.
Thanks for you reply :smile:

What makes you think it looks child-like? If anything I think it is the opposite and makes me look older than I actually am.

I can do all of those things with my current length, well I can wear it up, down and in different styles such as a plait, two plaits, half up half & down etc. I wouldn't curl or straighten it though because I don't want to damage the hair.

Yeah, I think I have kept it quite healthy. I haven't gone over the top though, I have just done sensible things like tie it up for sport or wear a swimming cap if I go to a pool.

Its just something I've always associated really long hair with. I always think that hair should sort of "get shorter with age" so have it really really long when you're really young, then mid-back when you're a teenager and in your 20's, going to mid length during 30's and 40's, and maybe 50's and either keep it at shoulder length or short thereafter.

it does look very healthy. Well done!

Yea thats just my opinion though. But after all it is your hair and if you really like it long (as that is an achievement) then keep it long :smile:
Get it cut and make some charity money out of it - it's long enough that you could get people to sponsor you for cutting it to mid-back length?
Reply 91
wow you have amazing hair.ignore all the rude comments, some guys out there love hair that long, but if you need a change....Dont waste the hair! Chop enough off to give to little princesses, do a charity chop - auction by the inch - a friend of mine just did and raised over £400. She actually sold her hair and gave the money to the charity too! Whatever you decide you have a gorgeous head of hair.
Reply 92
Original post by Danielle89
Get it cut and make some charity money out of it - it's long enough that you could get people to sponsor you for cutting it to mid-back length?

If I do cut my hair it will definitely be donated to charity. Alongside doing that I will probably do some sort of event to raise money as well, such as a fundraiser and maybe letting people cut my hair if they make a big enough donation etc.
Yeah, just because it isn't very practical. Keep it long though it's lovely!
Reply 94
Original post by balface
Don't cut your hair! It's beautiful.
I have hip length dark hair and I'm growing mine till tailbone.
For job interviews and stuff, you can just wear it up!

Hey, just saw your post. How long have you been growing your hair for?

Do you usually wear it tied back? I know you can just wear it up for interviews, but after I finish university I am trying to get a serious job, e.g. in an office. You can't exactly wear your hair up every day for work and I wouldn't exactly be able to keep my hair at its current length if I work in a professional job?

Hehe going out into the real world is scaring me!
Reply 95
Original post by mehhh.....hi.
Yeah, just because it isn't very practical. Keep it long though it's lovely!

Yeah, I am quite an active person. I play sport, go to a gym and swim and I always have to tie my hair up. I also have to tie it up for nights out, sometimes it can be a pain, but other times I do it without thinking.

If I do get it cut, what length do you think I should go to?
I will certainly keep it long for the time being, if I do cut my hair, then it won't be a spur of the moment decsision, I will have thought about it long and hard.
Reply 96
Original post by mahaneap
At least you can use it to wipe your arse.

I always make sure it is out of the way when I use the toilet!
Reply 97
Yeah it is. Get it cut to about where your bra is :smile:
Reply 98
Your hair is lovely!!! I used to have long hair and I cut it really short (just above my shoulders) I loved it at first but then I really started to miss my long hair because you can do sooo much with it. I don't think you should cut it to shoulder length, mid back sounds better xx
Yeah, I am quite an active person. I play sport, go to a gym and swim and I always have to tie my hair up. I also have to tie it up for nights out, sometimes it can be a pain, but other times I do it without thinking.

If I do get it cut, what length do you think I should go to?
I will certainly keep it long for the time being, if I do cut my hair, then it won't be a spur of the moment decsision, I will have thought about it long and hard.

Yeah I can imagine that it could get in the way with all the sport then. Well if you do get it cut then still keep it quite long, because long hair is lovely :smile: Maybe about waist length I think, so not too much cut off. And yeah definitely don't rush into it you could regret it!

Latest