The Student Room Group

Revision Timetable

I am planning to make my revision timetable and start revising mid - March.
However, does anyone know any tips on how to make it effective? What subjects do you revise first.. How do you order out the timetable to make sure you are revising for everything properly?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Heya :smile:
When I sat my GCSEs I used this/ website. You have to register- but its free and quick. Then click on make timetable and follow instructions. It will let you enter the dates of all your exams and will let you prioritise them in order of importance and then make a timetable for you. I found this incredibly helpful as you then don't have to worry about when you're going to revise for you exams.
As to how to revise, it depends on you and on your subjects.E.G. For english (and other essay writing subjects) making essays plans for past paper questions is always helpful, but this won't help in all your subjects.
I took, beside the compulsory, History, Textiles, Graphics and French.
If you want any more advice, quote me and I'll get back to you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by emmaarr
Heya :smile:
When I sat my GCSEs I used this/ website. You have to register- but its free and quick. Then click on make timetable and follow instructions. It will let you enter the dates of all your exams and will let you prioritise them in order of importance and then make a timetable for you. I found this incredibly helpful as you then don't have to worry about when you're going to revise for you exams.
As to how to revise, it depends on you and on your subjects.E.G. For english (and other essay writing subjects) making essays plans for past paper questions is always helpful, but this won't help in all your subjects.
I took, beside the compulsory, History, Textiles, Graphics and French.
If you want any more advice, quote me and I'll get back to you :smile:

Wow.. thank you :smile:
I will use that website and make a timetable.
So for english, making essay plans for past papers may be useful ..
How did you revise for english literature [blood brothers and of mice & men] ?
Also, how much revision did you do each day ?

Thank you soo much :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by bestfriends33
Wow.. thank you :smile:
I will use that website and make a timetable.
So for english, making essay plans for past papers may be useful ..
How did you revise for english literature [blood brothers and of mice & men] ?
Also, how much revision did you do each day ?

Thank you soo much :biggrin:

I did Catcher in the Rye for my English Lit, so I can't give you specifics, but if you make sure you've read the book thoroughly and make a plot summary and character summary and jot down any really important chapters!
As for how much, I started in Easter holidays, making notes and making sure I was familiar with all the syllabus's. The minute I went to study leave, I did about 8 hours revision minimum a day. If you use that timetable maker and stick to it, doing at least an hour for each subject it sets you. Give yourself breaks after half an hour for five mins. Download podcasts from itunes on your subjects- there are some great history ones if you search around. This way, if you're eating or walking to school or anything that stops you revising, you are still doing some productive!

Quick Reply

Latest