The Student Room Group

German Job Application Help

Hi, I missed several lessons preparing for this controlled assessment and finished my final letter the day before (more or less) my actual controlled assessment. We only have 3 45 minute sessions to work on it so it's not entirely fair especially on me who had no clue due to supply teachers being sent it so neither did they as most of them don't know any German.

So, I would really appreciate if anyone can straighten out any errors, even with accents because I'm aiming high for this controlled assessment 25/30 but I need around the 22 mark for an A grade at least. It's around 350 words and I only got one evening and lunch (40 minutes) to prepare with 30 prompt words (God knows which ones).

If you could, what mark/grade would this get providing I memorise it word for word (I can just about pull it off).

The content is out of 15.
The accuracy is out of 5.
Knowledge and application of 5.
In total 30 marks and I want 25 but need around the 22 board mark to secure my A grade in German.

I'll attach the mark scheme later cause everyone's sleeping (like I should be) and scanning makes farting noises extremely loudly :colondollar:

Thanks a bunch for reading (if you bothered to) and if you have any tips on memorising it; that would be superb. Bye :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
I don't have time to correct it but the errors I spotted are mainly to do with:

- Umlauts (you can either insert them as symbols in Word or use the keyboard)
- Punctuation and spelling
- Word order
- The odd error with cases and verb conjugation
- The odd thing written in an English sounding way

I usually memorise things by writing them out and using colours. Hope this helps a bit :smile:
Original post by hannah_dru
I don't have time to correct it but the errors I spotted are mainly to do with:

- Umlauts (you can either insert them as symbols in Word or use the keyboard)
- Punctuation and spelling
- Word order
- The odd error with cases and verb conjugation
- The odd thing written in an English sounding way

I usually memorise things by writing them out and using colours. Hope this helps a bit :smile:

Thanks Hannah, it doesn't have to be completely accurate as it's GCSE and the odd error is cool, I can still get my A/A* but the "English sounding way" spellings have now been fixed as I printed it out and noticed it today.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply