The Student Room Group

physiotherapy

Hi Folks,
I am researching my options for studying physiotherapy in the UK. I already have a languages degree from a uni in ireland (i'm an irish citizen) but have the same story as many people returning to education, I hate the work I am qualified to do. In the hope of aiding my application I have qualified as a Fitness Instructor (European Framework Qualifications/QCF Level 5) and I am currently studying a 1000 hour massage therapy course abroad (which I hope will be equated to QCF Level 4 or 5 when I get it recognised in the UK) The threads on this site have been very helpful.

I have read on some of the university websites that physiotherapy is free for UK/EU citizens, with the NHS covering fees. I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this as I have checked the NHS website and I can't figure out how this works? On the other hand there are full fees for other universities which can be incremented annually depending on the government?
Thanks a mil for your help :-)
Reply 1
Physiotherapy tuition fees are paid for by an NHS bursary for UK citizens, and you apply to the NHS after you've received offers for your course. You still have to pay accomodation fees etc.
Reply 2
Thanks a mil for the info, much appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest