The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sykg
are you also applying to Gonville and Caius from Canada? because all i've received is the email from ms holmes on Oct 31st and I haven't received any further news on whether i'm invited to interview or not... so anxious

Nope. From Malaysia. Done my interview already. I'm sure they'll send you something soon, even if it's a rejection. Check your spam box as well! :wink:

EDIT: Yea. Applying to G&C as well.
Reply 9141
Original post by hslakaal
Nope. From Malaysia. Done my interview already. I'm sure they'll send you something soon, even if it's a rejection. Check your spam box as well! :wink:

EDIT: Yea. Applying to G&C as well.

oh what course did you apply to?
This was probably asked hundreds of times, but do all colleges send out data protection + fee status forms? I haven't received anything and can't find anything on the college website either.
Reply 9143
Original post by leej11
I applied to Trinity Hall, for economics and yesterday I received around 130 pages of reading (4 Articles) with the task of writing an essay! Woop!

However can someone please answer me this, does this mean I have an interview? The deadline for the above essay is 28th November, surely if ALL candidates were doing this essay, the admissions tutors would not have enough time to shortlist and contact about interviews? I must be the shortlisted lot right?

Wow, that's insane.
I've applied to G&C for history and so far its just been the SAQ and my 2 submitted essays, no interview letters or other uni offers yet. Starting to get worried! :/
Original post by Nadine10
what do you mean by overseas applicants? im an international applicant, but if i get an interview, its going to be in cambridge, when should i start hearing for interviews?

on a side note, has anyone heard anything from caius? i have only have the confirmation that they have recieved by app

the lecturers from cambridge flew to Malaysia to interview us. only in a few selected countries.
Reply 9146
Original post by pathfinderr
I can't find that page on Christ's proposed interview dates? Do you mind directing me there?

Thanks!

You should've been directed there when they acknowledged your application, it's under the FOR YOUR SUBJECT link on admissions page.

Here's the link anyway: http://www.christs.cam.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate-applications/applinfo/subject_interview_info/

That's where they'll update the dates and if you need to send off any work for them for your subject :smile:
oh what course did you apply to?

Medicine. Low chances of getting in haha but still :rolleyes:

And you?
Reply 9148
Medicine. Low chances of getting in haha but still :rolleyes:

And you?

Economics :smile: so nervous though!
Economics :smile: so nervous though!

Isn't everyone! :biggrin:
Sorry just quickly in terms of the fee status, is UK student finance for 'external funding'? Also if I was born here etc do I need to fill in when I came to the UK and purpose or should I just leave blank? :smile:
Original post by quest_5692
oversea applicant. finished my interview and Maths Admission Test last week. waiting for result, anyone know when can oversea applicants know their result? they will know at the same time as UK applicants or their applications will be processed earlier...cuz i already receive offer from Kings college london, imperial and UCL..

I believe it depends on the college for when they give results. Though I do know that once you've finished your interview, then you have to wait till the beginning of January for the results.
Anyone receive anything from Catz, even confirmation that they have your app?
Reply 9153
Original post by crazy1234
Anyone receive anything from Catz, even confirmation that they have your app?

Nope. :colone:
Isn't everyone! :biggrin:

Ditto. :tongue:
Reply 9155
Hmm, someone at my sixth form has received an invitation to interview.

I'm starting to think I'm not going to get one :frown:
Original post by fdot5
Add me to the wiki if you can be bothered, I would do so myself but if I fouled up it would be obvious that I had made the error; don't want to let the competition think I'm incompetent and oblivious.

Course: Economics
College: Fitzwilliam
GCSEs: 9A*s 2As
AS levels: AAAAA
UMS Average: 98.33%
Predictions: A*A*A*

Haha I love how everyone is afraid of seeming incompetent :smile: you're grades look amazing though; I highly doubt you would be incompetent!

Original post by Narquelie
This was probably asked hundreds of times, but do all colleges send out data protection + fee status forms? I haven't received anything and can't find anything on the college website either.

I think it depends on which College you apply to; some send out both of them, some send out only 1 (I applied to Downing and only received the Fee Status Assessment Questionnaire), and some wait until offers are given.

I would suggest asking someone who applied to the same College as you. :smile:
Has anyone who's applying to Downing/for Engineering received an interview invite?

Oh, and to those who have received interview invites (for any subject or College) do they come in the mail or by email?
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet
Has anyone who's applying to Downing/for Engineering received an interview invite?

Oh, and to those who have received interview invites (for any subject or College) do they come in the mail or by email?

Heard nowt from Downing since the acknowledgement. But I still need to send off the Fee Status form so it's not surprising.
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet

I haven't heard anything yet, I am so worried that maybe I don't have something sent off that's why but i have sent the fee status questionnaire :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending