The Student Room Group

Missed my Grade by 1 UMS.

I re-sat my Psychology unit 2 exam in January.
My first choice uni gave me a conditional offer for a C in Psychology.

And what frustrates me is that I missed my grade by 1 UMS point.
So I'm stuck with a 'D'

Now, I'm wondering if they'll give me their reply today, on result day, or if they'll reply to me later in August?

My School told me that I should give them a ring tomorrow and see if they're still willing to accept me.

What do you guys think?
Reply 1
As far as I know, you have to wait until August for the offer to change to an Unconditional, unless you call them and they agree that you've already met the requirements.

But yeah, it'd be best to ring them, worse that'll happen is that they tell you to retake an exam in the summer.
Reply 2
I've missed by geography by 1 UMS too. :frown:

Why don't you have your paper re-marked? You never know, it might go up by 1!
Or give them a ring, it's only 1 mark, you'll never know.
Reply 3
You have until September to fulfill the offer conditions.
Reply 4
Original post by Blopop
I re-sat my Psychology unit 2 exam in January.
My first choice uni gave me a conditional offer for a C in Psychology.

And what frustrates me is that I missed my grade by 1 UMS point.
So I'm stuck with a 'D'

Now, I'm wondering if they'll give me their reply today, on result day, or if they'll reply to me later in August?

My School told me that I should give them a ring tomorrow and see if they're still willing to accept me.

What do you guys think?

give them a ring its always worth it! ask if they will change to unconditional but say how keen you are to firm the uni and get on with booking accom but only want to do so knowing you are defo going there.

i am 3 ums off my grade in chemistry - its annoying isnt it... :redface:
Reply 5
@ Swindan: Okay, so it's not the end of the world. I'm glad! Thank you.

@ MrsCrackFox: Oh my! I feel your pain. D: It sucks, and I want to get it remarked but I'm scared it might actually reduce my grade.

@ Bax-man: Okay, so I can resit in June. That's not so bad. Thank you c:

@ SK-mar: Yeah it really is D: Well it is my first choice and if I can get into that uni I won't go anywhere else. C:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest