The Student Room Group

Exam Results Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Sociology-A
Biology-B
psychology-B
chemistry-C

soooo happy seen as my predicted grades are D's and i thought id got U's and E's :biggrin:
Original post by BeccaCath94
I think i must've been with another exam board because my last question was out of 18!! Even more! Im with OCR. What about you?

My exam was with OCR. The exam itself seemed really easy but the marks that were sent back disagree with my opinion. All the smart students in my class did poor with C's and D's but all the students who didn't try or revise got B's and A's! It just doesn't work! :angry:
Reply 82
So got my results and was so shocked and now so discouraged!!

so i revised so hard and thought i was going to get a A/B in my psych exam and ended up with a D. i had to re look at the paper to make sure it was mine..
my teachers have all predicted me a A/B and now i just feel like such a failure :/

i have to re-take in the summer but feel so discouraged i dont know if i can do it ..

psych is what ive always wanted to do in university and cant imagine failing it :frown:
Reply 83
Got 100% grade A on my business unit 3 :biggrin: buzzing!
Reply 84
A*BC overall in A-level so far...
However, the C is the subject that I want to be carrying on with at uni...

I don't know why I bother...
AS Results for me. I got 5 A's; Maths, Further, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Got full marks in Maths and Physics, am ecstatic :biggrin:
Reply 86
Got an A in my history retake! went from a D to an A with 86 UMS marks :smile: happy!

English stayed the same. Stupid moderation.

I'm currently on
History B - 158 UMS - 2 off an A >.<
English C - 138 UMS - 2 off a B >.<
Drama C - 138 UMS - 2 off a B >.<
Reply 87
Original post by Nix-j-c
This is better than the other huge thread about the results where people are all boasting about their straight As . . . I got C in bio, D in maths and E in chem (I'm redoing maths and chem in june).

Lol so what if they got A's? They got the grades so let them boast - it's only the internet. Those who have got the things to boast about - should. Too much is obviously not a good thing but this is the internet - who cares? =D
Destroyed the psychology paper, 97/100. Would like to see where I dropped 3 marks though!

Messed up in sociology and got 65/80. Still an A, but nigh-on impossible to get an A* now, I think I'll resit.

1 mark off a B in English. Fuming...
C - Psychology AQA A Unit 1
E- Sociology AQA Unit 1 - Planning on retaking in the summer.
So pleased :biggrin: was particularly nervous about this exam session...

Got 97/100 (A) on C1 Edexcel Maths
77/90 (A) F211 OCR Biology

So pleased :cute:

Was a bit difficult though 'cause some of my friends got disappointing results. How are you meant to be elated and considerate at the same time?

Congrats to everyone who did well :congrats:
Original post by ConnorB
Ahah 74? There is something strange about that
30 people did the test and 17 of them got 74/100!
very Peculiar... :P

Also got 74... wtf
Original post by lanaD
So got my results and was so shocked and now so discouraged!!

so i revised so hard and thought i was going to get a A/B in my psych exam and ended up with a D. i had to re look at the paper to make sure it was mine..
my teachers have all predicted me a A/B and now i just feel like such a failure :/

i have to re-take in the summer but feel so discouraged i dont know if i can do it ..

psych is what ive always wanted to do in university and cant imagine failing it :frown:

Not sure if this is AS or A2, but in my year the psych students (AS) got 2Ds, 3Es and 3Us between them - very unusual for our school to get such low results. Maybe a dodgy set of papers?
got 88% percent in physics, 92% in biology, 87% in chem and 91% in maths. Chance at vetinary medicine
Reply 94
Original post by Wanischa
A*BC overall in A-level so far...
However, the C is the subject that I want to be carrying on with at uni...

I don't know why I bother...

I'm the same! I can get an A in eng lit but I need chemistry for uni which I can only scrape a C in - it's so frustrating!
Reply 95
Original post by lukealadenika
got 88% percent in physics, 92% in biology, 87% in chem and 91% in maths. Chance at vetinary medicine

all 3 sciences + maths = suicide.

haha :smile:
well done!
I was 1 mark off an A in English lit, soooo annoyed!
Original post by BeccaCath94
I got an A in C1 (91/100!!!) :smile:
But a D (54) in Economics! :/ Not my best subject tho!

Original post by evelynevelyn
I got 54 in economics as well!

Is this AQA Economics Unit 3? If so then I didn't do great either I got 56 :frown:

Retook Unit 1 and got a B, which was a lttle disappointing but I'm OK with it.

But for maths, on the plus side:

C2 retake - 90%
FP1 - 84%
D1 - 89%
M2 - 80%
S2 - 100% :smile:
Reply 98
Psychology: C
Business: D
Law: C
Critical Thinking: U

... Disappointed, and have had a depressing day. :frown: