Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Are mental people crazy in heaven?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imzir)
    i seriously can't see how the OP can't be a troll with that kind of question
    I think it's an interesting question and one that many people might think about when considering eternity.

For instance; I have a life-threatening chronic illness. I might believe that I will never be rid of it even if I'm in heaven. Scripture reassures us about this matter so that's why I know I won't be burdened with it once I leave this mortal life.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    I think it's an interesting question and one that many people might think about when considering eternity.

For instance; I have a life-threatening chronic illness. I might believe that I will never be rid of it even if I'm in heaven. Scripture reassures us about this matter so that's why I know I won't be burdened with it once I leave this mortal life.
    I know but its kind of obvious with our beliefs that in heaven, described to be the ideal place where all the "encumberances" as you said would dissappear - thats why it appeared to me that the OP might be troll trying to pinpoint a flaw in religion.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imzir)
    I know but its kind of obvious with our beliefs that in heaven, described to be the ideal place where all the "encumberances" as you said would dissappear - thats why it appeared to me that the OP might be troll trying to pinpoint a flaw in religion.
    I take your point, imzir. If he was trolling though, he's actually done us a favour by giving us the opportunity to explain the theology, abeit unintentionally.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)

I'm so sorry to hear about this yawn , I hope you are well though and I shall pray you stick around for a lot longer

I agree wholeheartedly about this thread though, it is an interesting question I have wondered myself at one point or another.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imzir)
    I was actually genuinely interested in how the religious community think about these things. I was inspired watchin an episode of buffy the vampire slayer talking about heaven and also mental conditions and I put the two together.

I would never try and troll religious types, talk about ice skating uphill.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My fellow Christians,

Allow me to enlighten this discussion by introducing the Meow paradox.

Our conundrum is quite simple: "Are mental people crazy in Heaven?"

Let us first begin by defining some key terms.

Mental - (?m?nt ? l) - of, pertaining to, or affected by a disorder of the mind

Crazy - (?kre?z?) - mentally deranged; demented; insane.

By clarifying the meaning of these words, we can now proceed to understanding the fallacy.

Let us say there is a female cat named Meow Bo'Winkle. Meow Bo'Winkle is a cat. As a cat, she cannot talk other than by saying 'meow." When people communicate with her, she is largely unresponsive, initiating social contact only when it serves her best interests (e.g., feeding, bathing, hunting). Psychologists would classify this as "narcissistic psychosis," and thus, under the layman definition, Meow Bo'Winkle would be classified as mentally ill.

But how can Meow Bo'Winkle be classified as 'mental?' She eats, drinks, and sleeps just like every other cat on the planet. Would God not allow Meow Bo'Winkle into Heaven because she's mental? But if God is merciful, how could he let something happen to Meow Bo'Winkle? Therein lies the paradox.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MilaneseCat)
    My fellow Christians,

Allow me to enlighten this discussion by introducing the Meow paradox.

Our conundrum is quite simple: "Are mental people crazy in Heaven?"

Let us first begin by defining some key terms.

Mental - (?m?nt ? l) - of, pertaining to, or affected by a disorder of the mind

Crazy - (?kre?z?) - mentally deranged; demented; insane.

By clarifying the meaning of these words, we can now proceed to understanding the fallacy.

Let us say there is a female cat named Meow Bo'Winkle. Meow Bo'Winkle is a cat. As a cat, she cannot talk other than by saying 'meow." When people communicate with her, she is largely unresponsive, initiating social contact only when it serves her best interests (e.g., feeding, bathing, hunting). Psychologists would classify this as "narcissistic psychosis," and thus, under the layman definition, Meow Bo'Winkle would be classified as mentally ill.

But how can Meow Bo'Winkle be classified as 'mental?' She eats, drinks, and sleeps just like every other cat on the planet. Would God not allow Meow Bo'Winkle into Heaven because she's mental? But if God is merciful, how could he let something happen to Meow Bo'Winkle? Therein lies the paradox.
    I would like to rephrase my question to 'Would Milanesecat still be crazy in heavy?'
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    If there was a heaven, it would be nice if there was one heaven for each person where we can make our own ideal universe and play god

But alas, knowing what I now know, I cannot bring myself to believe in such a place/concept even if I wanted to... (':
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    From what I know God is the nicest person in the universe that he sacrificed his life for all of our sins. I do believe all people go to heaven (except for those who did something bad and didn't regret or didn't ask for forgiveness) and that once were in heaven all the people in it are all happy, satisfied, living for eternity.
    What's got me thinking is, how are we gonna look like once we're in heaven? Are we back to being young or do we look the same just like when we died?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rzc)
    No because it doesn't exist.
    We know this !!

But for now, it does exist, hypothetical scenario
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hard.Target)
    I would like to rephrase my question to 'Would Milanesecat still be crazy in heavy?'
    Heaven isn't a place for satirists.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    They are god's slaves.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 13, 2011
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.