The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science ! HELP PLEASE!

Hi, i am an ALevel student currently studying Chem, Bio, Maths and ICT ! And i need to start looking at my future ! Something in medicine would be good or medical research ! But im really confused at my options .. i would love to go into pathology but i simply can't pull off the grades ! However i was looking into Biomedical sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences or Pramedic Sciences and i Have no clue what to do ! Currently i just recieved my mid term exam reuslts .. Absoloute fail ! But im retaking ! and i will pull all my grades up but to be honest i don't know what to do because at the end of the day i want a job which i can go into ! and where each of these leads i have no clue !

Please help anybody :frown: !
And whats the difference between a diploma and a foundation degree ?

THANKYOUUU!!
Reply 1
Paramedic sciences is RIDICULOUSLY competitive. I have friends applying for it as graduates, they all have long- term work experience in first aid and emergency care (and when I say long- term, I mean a few years) and they're very highly trained in it too.

You need to decide what you want to do, as the things you've listed are quite specific and would require specific work experience and associated activities.

Also, a diploma and foundation degree are equivalent.
Reply 2
Original post by Ayshizzle
Paramedic sciences is RIDICULOUSLY competitive. I have friends applying for it as graduates, they all have long- term work experience in first aid and emergency care (and when I say long- term, I mean a few years) and they're very highly trained in it too.

You need to decide what you want to do, as the things you've listed are quite specific and would require specific work experience and associated activities.

Also, a diploma and foundation degree are equivalent.

THANKYOU SO MUCH ! :smile: cleared somee of my head ! ..alothough within biomedical sciences would you know what careers would be possilbe ? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by APatel
THANKYOU SO MUCH ! :smile: cleared somee of my head ! ..alothough within biomedical sciences would you know what careers would be possilbe ? :smile:

Lol I do indeed (I'm currently studying it =) )

Healthcare- Medicine, dentistry, post- grad nursing, 1 yr conversion course for pharmacy (with enough pharmacology), advanced practitioner, become a clinical neurophysiologist (with enough neuroscience) and those other types of things, radiotherapist, paramedic and lots more.

Research/lab- type things- Biomedical scientist, clinical scientist, lab technicians, forensics, basically any lab- based area that incorporates the biomedical sciences. Post- grad study: MSc, PhD, etc.

Others: Teaching, law conversion, sales, management (NHS management?), any job that requires a non- specific degree.

Quick Reply

Latest