The Student Room Group

jan 2011 bio help!!!

I got 33 out of 60 marks in jan 2011 biology unit 1 paper but the aqa gave me a U grade......wth can someone pls help me out???:eek::eek::confused:
i got a U too lol I got 29 lol !!
Reply 2
Original post by Janjua
I got 33 out of 60 marks in jan 2011 biology unit 1 paper but the aqa gave me a U grade......wth can someone pls help me out???:eek::eek::confused:

isn't it a D or something as it is half the mark!!!!
Reply 3
Original post by Janjua

33/60 should be a grade C!
How do you know what mark you got
Did you get your paper back or what?
Original post by Janjua

Are you sure it's not UMS?
Reply 5
Is this in UMS or actual raw marks?
If UMS, then it should be a passing grade but if it's raw marks and you could have had high grade boundaries on the paper and so resulted in a U?
Reply 6
i dunno i got my result sheet and it had 33 in the mark section so i wondered if i got 33% or 33 out of 60.
Reply 7
Original post by Janjua
i dunno i got my result sheet and it had 33 in the mark section so i wondered if i got 33% or 33 out of 60.

That's UMS. 33/100, NOT 33/60
So yes, a U.
^^ true
its probably UMS
Original post by Princestia
Is this in UMS or actual raw marks?
If UMS, then it should be a passing grade but if it's raw marks and you could have had high grade boundaries on the paper and so resulted in a U?

How will 33/100 be a passing grade? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply