The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway Accomodation?

Scroll to see replies

Yay I've applied for my accommodation now :biggrin:
I chose a term time let, and, though I probably should have looked this up before, I was just wondering whether this means I will have to move all my stuff out at half terms or if it just means Christmas/Easter/Summer. Do universities even have half terms?
(Sorry for bombarding you all with questions but you're so very helpful and I am so very excited (and clueless) :biggrin:)
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by LionInaComa
Yay I've applied for my accommodation now :biggrin:
I chose a term time let, and, though I probably should have looked this up before, I was just wondering whether this means I will have to move all my stuff out at half terms or if it just means Christmas/Easter/Summer. Do universities even have half terms?
(Sorry for bombarding you all with questions but you're so very helpful and I am so very excited (and clueless) :biggrin:)

Just Easter and Christmas :smile:

http://www.rhul.ac.uk/studentlife/accommodation/royalhollowayhalls/fees/fees2011-12/undergraduateandpostgraduate2011-12.aspx

If you scroll to the bottom of that page it shows you the dates .
Original post by air7725
Just Easter and Christmas :smile:

http://www.rhul.ac.uk/studentlife/accommodation/royalhollowayhalls/fees/fees2011-12/undergraduateandpostgraduate2011-12.aspx

If you scroll to the bottom of that page it shows you the dates .

ah, thanks a lot :smile:
Ive applied for accom for start this Sept as Undergrad too, I'll be 24, God I felt old on the open day, but was bit mythed by the range of accom, its mostly catered which most ppl won't want, and its a bit annoying that Student Finance on the face of it, don't recognise it as coming under London so you don't get the enhanced Maintanence Grant Loan.
Reply 24
Original post by FreeToThink
Ive applied for accom for start this Sept as Undergrad too, I'll be 24, God I felt old on the open day, but was bit mythed by the range of accom, its mostly catered which most ppl won't want, and its a bit annoying that Student Finance on the face of it, don't recognise it as coming under London so you don't get the enhanced Maintanence Grant Loan.

i'll be almost 23 when i start... so your not alone!

You should get the full maintanence grant/loan? My student finance application is for the full london loan?
(edited 13 years ago)

WHAT?!
Reply 26
WHAT?!

What i found is.... the Student Finance Calculator on direct.gov only gives you the lower bracket loan for RHUL... However, i sent my application off for student finance two weeks ago and have been allocated the full 5000+ london loan
Reply 27
Ive applied for accom for start this Sept as Undergrad too, I'll be 24, God I felt old on the open day, but was bit mythed by the range of accom, its mostly catered which most ppl won't want...

I'd say there's more self-catered halls than catered. Only Founder's and Reid are catered, and everything else is self-catered.
Original post by llacerta
I'd say there's more self-catered halls than catered. Only Founder's and Reid are catered, and everything else is self-catered.

Kingswood is also catered.
Reply 29
Original post by pugnacitas
Kingswood is also catered.

Haha, I always forget Kingswood! My mistake. :biggrin:
Reply 30
WHAT?!

The calculator doesn't allocate it to you, but you should get it when you apply as RHUL is part of the University of London.
Original post by lareneg
The calculator doesn't allocate it to you, but you should get it when you apply as RHUL is part of the University of London.

ah ok :smile: I'd better get round to sorting out my student finance some time soon...
Had sent off and paid my £150 for accommodation by 12:11... hopefully I will get what I wanted being as it only opened at 12 haha!
Williamson, Tuke & Butler halls, term-time only.
Excited, but does anyone know when they will get back to us by?
Original post by joelmole100
Had sent off and paid my £150 for accommodation by 12:11... hopefully I will get what I wanted being as it only opened at 12 haha!
Williamson, Tuke & Butler halls, term-time only.
Excited, but does anyone know when they will get back to us by?

And I thought I was early submitting my application before 20:00! I'm applying for founders which seems to be less popular though, so hopefully I'll get my first choice too :biggrin:
And I think we will know by about June :smile:
Reply 34
Founders is popular. I would not worry too much about halls. They're all really good and you won't have a problem fitting in wherever you go.
Reply 35
I'll be there for my MA so which accommodation should I choose? A friend of mine whose been to RHUL suggested Williamson but isn't that only for undergrads?
I've chosen founders as my accommodation for 2011 I know that it's not modern and dont expect that as its an old building. But on other threads iv'e read that founders is really badly maintained with the pantries and bathrooms and such, which has started to stress me out. With loads of students living together things arent going to be clean all the time but, is it as bad as theyre saying?

Original post by Orangesquash
I've chosen founders as my accommodation for 2011 I know that it's not modern and dont expect that as its an old building. But on other threads iv'e read that founders is really badly maintained with the pantries and bathrooms and such, which has started to stress me out. With loads of students living together things arent going to be clean all the time but, is it as bad as theyre saying?

LOL, you'll regret choosing founders...
I chose founders too :smile: I'm not scared of dirt, or cleaning a bit myself, so I don't care if it's a bit grubby, I think it will be good experience for later life :smile:
Reply 39
Founders would be a good one. I applied there as well and would be applyinf for accomodation to Founders. My teacher went there and told me that it is a very sociable and lively compared to the other halls. Goodluck on accomodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending