Royal Holloway Accomodation?

Scroll to see replies

I don't drink either :P that makes two of us
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 61
I don't drink either...well virtually never (and even when i do i don't get drunk)
Original post by gm15
Errm once or twice a term if i remember right.
And no the ensuite doesn't get cleaned. Areas outside flats, hallway in flat and kitchen/pantry cleaned on week days. bedrooms and ensuites - its all you. And its one thing you can fail an inspection on. Inspector told me off for stains on the shower curtain that were there when i moved in.

Well if they find something wrong they normally give you a day or two to fix it before failing you properly.
I did not like my inspector. There was the shower thing, the carpet suposedly needing hoovering even though i had to get down on my knees to see what she was complaining about and oh yeahand once i was eating some fruit when sheknocked and put it down to go open the door and she counted it as food debris when she wrote her notes.

One of my flatmates hasn't cleaned his room once since September October but it still passes every inspection. The carpet is covered with flakes of dead skin etc...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by pugnacitas
One of my flatmates hasn't cleaned his room once since September but it still passes every inspection. The carpet is covered with flakes of dead skin etc...

She clearly didn't like me then...unless different halls have different inspectors
Reply 64
Original post by gm15
She clearly didn't like me then...unless different halls have different inspectors

At least with Wedderburn, our inspections are carried out by our housekeeper (who is in charge of both Wedderburn and Gowar - she has an office in our communal block). I guess that some housekeepers are stricter.
Yeah, ours just walked in and so long as there wasn't a dead body on the floor just walked out again :P
Original post by gm15
I don't drink either...well virtually never (and even when i do i don't get drunk)

Original post by ibysaiyan
I don't drink either :P that makes two of us

Original post by Nadal1991
Haha I guess its good to think that way :smile: but all I've heard is how much people drink at Uni and stuff, I'm not a drinker so I'm worried about being left behind..:frown:

That makes 4 of us! :biggrin:
Reply 67
I didn't drink at all really in my first year, and still never drink enough to get drunk, and it's fine. One of my friends doesn't drink at all either and it's never been a problem. There are always going to be people who don't drink out of personal choice or for medical reasons. It's not an issue unless you make it one really. If people ask just say "no thanks I don't drink" if they press and ask why explain and if they don't accept that they are an arse who you wouldn't want to be friends with anyway.
i'm not a major drinker either, i've never been drunk and never intend to be :smile: i like to dance rather than drink when i go out :biggrin:
Original post by swarfliam
That makes 4 of us! :biggrin:

That makes five of us, even though the odd drinking session is nice :biggrin:
Reply 70
Original post by swarfliam
Me too :biggrin: :biggrin:

:woohoo:

Original post by air7725
Yay!

Fingers crossed! Do you have an Unconditional? because i think they get priority! I got my application sent off 4 hours after it opened! I'm not sure how popular reid is either, but i found some pictures online and it looks really nice (compared to some of the unis i've seen).

I have a conditional offer for AAB. Aww man really? Oh well hope there aren't many unconditional applicants also going for Reid. Yeah! All I've seen are the photos on the website, haven't actually got around to visiting the campus which is a shame. I like the layout of the flats and how it's so near my subject buildings as well. Literally around the corner :smile:

Original post by proud nd luvin it
That makes five of us, even though the odd drinking session is nice :biggrin:

Now 6 of us! :biggrin:
It was the main thing I was most worried about... I've heard so much about wild drinking at uni it made me feel a bit uneasy at first since I don't drink at all (not really my thing). Good to know there are others :smile:
Original post by Nadal1991
We need a tee-tottellers club :smile:

I second that. :P
Reply 72
Original post by roww
:woohoo:

I have a conditional offer for AAB. Aww man really? Oh well hope there aren't many unconditional applicants also going for Reid. Yeah! All I've seen are the photos on the website, haven't actually got around to visiting the campus which is a shame. I like the layout of the flats and how it's so near my subject buildings as well. Literally around the corner :smile:

I think so! thought i might be wrong! :P

If you havn't seen this already, you might find this nice... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30423660&postcount=307
Reply 73
Original post by air7725
I think so! thought i might be wrong! :P

If you havn't seen this already, you might find this nice... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30423660&postcount=307

I think you're right, I remember reading that somewhere now

Oh wow fantastic thanks for that +rep :biggrin: really helpful and good to know it looks like I made the right choice for halls :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by The Lyceum

Original post by The Lyceum
Founders often has shared bathing facilties etc and has to be empited out quite regularily. Might be worth it though for the experience of the living there. Doubly so if you're lucky enough to get a tower room.

Kingswood seems to be abit of a hassle, but I guess it's quite sociable. I was in Runnymede, actually liked it.

Hey, I got offered a room in Runnymede 2! But I was a little worried when I saw "level -1"! Can you shed light on whether or not I'll be living in a cellar! :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by acadier
Hey, I got offered a room in Runnymede 2! But I was a little worried when I saw "level -1"! Can you shed light on whether or not I'll be living in a cellar! :smile:

There are no basement rooms. Adn anyway level one means first floor.
I've still not been allocated a place in halls yet. I applied a while ago (before the deadline) and I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether I should have heard by now. I've checked my application on the website but it still says "submitted". Should I be worried about this? I have an offer for Msci Geology (ABB).
Reply 77
Original post by fallen_angelxD
I've still not been allocated a place in halls yet. I applied a while ago (before the deadline) and I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether I should have heard by now. I've checked my application on the website but it still says "submitted". Should I be worried about this? I have an offer for Msci Geology (ABB).

I'm in the same position but i've recently received an email about this situation and it here's the important part from it :

" We have currently allocated the majority of the students who applied within the deadline and still have a few more left to allocate (including yourselves). We are now allocating on a daily basis depending on room availability and taking into account your hall choices. Our next “bulk” allocation will take place early to mid August, and we will try to offer you one of your higher choices, but where that is not possible, we will offer you one of your 9 choices. Please bear in mind that you are guaranteed a room offer but we are unable to confirm the type of the room offer you will receive."

Maybe you got one in your inbox, it didn't say Royal Holloway on the title on mine, but it had UGNEW ( don't know what that is).
Reply 78
Original post by yunghamz

Maybe you got one in your inbox, it didn't say Royal Holloway on the title on mine, but it had UGNEW ( don't know what that is).

"don't know what that is" - do you mean UGnew? If so it means Undergraduate new - as in first year (pretty obvious)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by gm15
"don't know what that is" - do you mean UGnew? If so it means Undergraduate new - as in first year (pretty obvious)

:facepalm: ohhh , :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending