The Student Room Group

Confused over evidence submission

I've just finished my student finance application and i'm onto the evidence section.

This is what it looks like for the cover letter:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Why does it not ask for evidence of finance/income details? It mentions it in the guideance notes on the page before, but nothing in the cover letter. Does this mean they don't want financial evidence yet or something?

If i go into the sections to edit what my mother and 'mother's partner' will provide, it asks for their birth certificate/passport evidence before continuing - that can't be right, surely?

Help!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Krydel
I've just finished my student finance application and i'm onto the evidence section.

This is what it looks like for the cover letter:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Why does it not ask for evidence of finance/income details? It mentions it in the guideance notes on the page before, but nothing in the cover letter. Does this mean they don't want financial evidence yet or something?

If i go into the sections to edit what my mother and 'mother's partner' will provide, it asks for their birth certificate/passport evidence before continuing - that can't be right, surely?

Help!

Thats because you have done it wrong. Your mother and mothers partner need to create their own seperate accounts and then link them to yours.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
Thats because you have done it wrong. Your mother and mothers partner need to create their own seperate accounts and then link them to yours.

Right... :redface:

There was the option of parents supplying their finance information on the same application, so i took that option.

I'll make a separate ones.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by jelly1000

It turns out i can't have done it wrong.

I made separate accounts for each of my parents and they both say:

Student Finance Application
Entering your National Insurance number allows Student Finance England to share and verify the income details you provide with HM Revenue & Customs.
This means you won't have to send us supporting evidence to prove your income and can help to reduce application processing times.

So i haven't done it wrong, they just don't need P60s or other financial evidence because it goes straight through HMRC. Must have updated their system :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Krydel
It turns out i can't have done it wrong.

I made separate accounts for each of my parents and they both say:

So i haven't done it wrong, they just don't need P60s or other financial evidence because it goes straight through HMRC. Must have updated their system :smile:

Ah right, yes asking for P60 is more like it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending