The Student Room Group

Exam troubles.

]Well hey there..

I'm a supposed to be A/* student, and am in august expected to get a ridiculous amount of ridiculously high grades, the only problem is I am an actual fail when it comes to sitting exam papers, as ridiculous as this sounds.
This has been playing with my mind for weeks now, because if i can't sit papers at GCSE, there is no chance I'll survive in AS and A Level subjects.

Does anybody have any good tips or idea's, because I always know the stuff, but cannot put it down on paper to get the grades! :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :smile: <3
practice papers?
Just practise at home, and relax. When you're in the exam room, treat it like some work you have to do in class.
Reply 3
I know a few people with that problem, it basically boils down to knowing exactly what the question is asking and putting down a consice answer. Best way to practice is to right out some possible exam questions then write some model answers or just the key points you need to include in your answers, then learn them.
Reply 4
thankyou all so much!

will definetly have to grab some test papers in everything and look at it all.. its almost like my mind goes blank.. i walk out of the hall and then i do know what it had actually asked, and had completely babbled on about something else!!

<3
Reply 5
Original post by pompompandapple
Just practise at home, and relax. When you're in the exam room, treat it like some work you have to do in class.

This is what I do, and it seems to all start coming naturally - I just forget everything around me and make myself believe I'm doing it in the classroom.

Quick Reply

Latest