The Student Room Group

Psychology as results unit 1 aqa march

Scroll to see replies

Original post by justiceisjust
Do you think its worth paying for a remark?

They cost practically the same as resits and if the remark goes down, it stay's down, whereas with a resit it can only go up. I won't be doing either as I can just attempt to make up the marks on unit 2 in June.
Original post by elisegracex
Yeah I think the marks were pretty odd. I scraped an A (80 UMS) so can't really complain, but I was so sure I'd nailed that exam that I was kinda expecting a higher UMS mark tbh. Hardly anyone from my school got A's, and out of the people who did, we all only just scraped it. Many people got C's and D's who I would have expected to get A's.

I got exactly the same as you, I was so sure I nailed it :frown: I don't think I've seen anyone on here yet with higher than 80 to be honest?
Original post by Normandy114

They cost practically the same as resits and if the remark goes down, it stay's down, whereas with a resit it can only go up. I won't be doing either as I can just attempt to make up the marks on unit 2 in June.

What!?! So if it gets remarked and I lose marks, they won't keep my higher mark?
Reply 23
Original post by salad_fingers
I got exactly the same as you, I was so sure I nailed it :frown: I don't think I've seen anyone on here yet with higher than 80 to be honest?

One girl got 100/100 from my year but I knew she would
What!?! So if it gets remarked and I lose marks, they won't keep my higher mark?

So says my biology teacher. I suppose it's more accurate seeing as when they remark I assume they do so more meticulously.
Reply 25
I got an A (don't ask me how! ) but I was the only one in my class, and a lot of my friends, who are all the same ability level as me, all seemed to have revised harder than me, and all got As in their mocks, got low Cs, Ds, and Es! So they're all getting their papers back and i'm also getting mine back so we can compare them...it seems really odd, most people I know got Ds, Es or Us...
Reply 26
Original post by EffKayy
I got an A in the mock too, and got a high B in the real thing.
Get your paper back?

Yeah but I don't know how that's going to change anything. I was thinking of dropping the subject at A2 anyway and resiting unit one in January next year :s-smilie:
Reply 27

Aye, that's what I'm doing. I got 2 marks off an A in Biology, remarking is risky when that can easily be pushed up to an A in unit 2, right?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Talipants
Aye, that's what I'm doing. I got 2 marks off an A in Biology, remarking is risky when that can easily be pushed up to an A in unit 2, right?

True. Saying that though my biology was also two UMS off of an A over both units though, so I'll be resitting unit 2 in June to try and get that one extra mark.
Reply 29
Original post by worldscollide
i got exactly the same as you! 78/100 soo close!

sameee :]
Reply 30
True. Saying that though my biology was also two UMS off of an A over both units though, so I'll be resitting unit 2 in June to try and get that one extra mark.

Ouch, that must be frustrating. I was so pissed when I found out.. 2 marks! Wish you the best with that resit- hopefully you won't need to resit anything else, eh?
Original post by Talipants
Ouch, that must be frustrating. I was so pissed when I found out.. 2 marks! Wish you the best with that resit- hopefully you won't need to resit anything else, eh?

Chemistry unit 2 is also being resat :rolleyes:

100% on one paper, a C on the other...
Reply 32
On psyexchange, the psychology unit 1 markscheme is out, but i can't seem to download it (website won't respond) !
Reply 33
I got a D. I was pleasantly surprised to be honest because I effed up all the studies on attachment and didn't even answer the last 2 questions.
Don't worry about your first marks. Everyone gets a shock with their first set of results and works their socks off to get it up to a grade they want in the summer.

A-levels are odd; you think you've done well and it turns out you haven't, or you think you've done awful and you're pleasantly surprised.

Marks can go up or down with remarks, however with resits, they take your best score.

I hope this clarifies it for you :smile: If you're only one or two marks from a higher grade it probably isn't worth a remark because you can just work a bit harder for your summer exam and get the overall grade you want.
Most of my class got an A, but everyone from other colleges and classes got Cs and Ds :s-smilie: Maybe we got a kind examiner?
Original post by NeonSkies

Original post by NeonSkies
Marks can go up or down with remarks, however with resits, they take your best score.

I hope this clarifies it for you :smile: If you're only one or two marks from a higher grade it probably isn't worth a remark because you can just work a bit harder for your summer exam and get the overall grade you want.

I get what you're saying, but resitting the exam is resitting all of the stress you experiened the first time!
I get what you're saying, but resitting the exam is resitting all of the stress you experiened the first time!

No I mean just work hard for unit 2 and make your overall target grade, e.g. if you were two marks off an A in unit 1 and got 78% when 80% is an A, work hard for your unit 2 exam and you will average a grade A if you get 82% or more.

For the sake of two marks it's not really worth resitting nor remarking if you can bring the grade up in the summer exam.
Reply 39
Original post by MissLightyear
Most of my class got an A, but everyone from other colleges and classes got Cs and Ds :s-smilie: Maybe we got a kind examiner?

Oh :smile: I got a B :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending