The Student Room Group

Redo Biology?

I want to do something such as marine biology at university.

In the summer I should have 5 AS exams but I'm definately redoing maths and chemistry (D and E!) but I got a C in biology (74 UMS).

My coursework is already making it up to a B overall.

Should I redo it in June, next janaury or nto at all, IMO I could do better on it but with the two retakes I've already got 7 exams this summer.
if you think you can cope with the 5 exams in summer- then you could decide to redo biology in the summer otherwise, perhaps re-sit next january.
also its wise to see the trend in the grade boundaries in jan and june
Reply 2
Plus my teachers seemed to think three of us could get A/B - one person got a B, I got a C and the other got an E! but I could still get onto A2 biology with C/B but if i'm only going to have a couple of exams next janaury and I think I can do it, perhaps I will then . . . But the only thing is that my grade from that unit that unis will see will be the C if I don't redo it in the summer . . .
Reply 3
Be careful of making the mistake of doing a million resits in the summer and doing subpar in everything.

You already have 2 resits you definately need to do and your Biology grade isn't an emergency at a B overall. Personally, I'd certainly not resit it in the summer but maybe wait until next January when there's less on.
Reply 4
exactly goose . . .

Quick Reply

Latest