The Student Room Group

can you translate the following into french, please?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by pleasehelpme...
extra advice for you:
1. no one cares
2. leave

Advice for you:
1) It's nice to say thank you when people do your work for you. :erm:
nous pouvons donc conclure en disant que pour en bonne santé, il faut tout d'abord avoir une bonne alimentation mais aussi pratiquer un sport régulièrement

please...............................thanks
I think 'que d'etre en bonne sante' would be better than 'que pour en bonne sante'
Reply 23
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1571762

Are you going to make a new thread for every sentence?
Nous pouvons donc conclure qu'afin de rester en bonne santé il faut non seulement avoir une bonne alimentation mais aussi pratiquer du sport régulièrement.
Original post by spongle
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1571762

Are you going to make a new thread for every sentence?

no i'm sry
I also try to avoid fast food because it's bad for your health, however i like to eat it when i'm with my friends. They eat a lot of fatty foods compared to me though.

???help please
Original post by SarahLeanne
hey do you speak french? I need help with my exam prep! Do you know if these phrases are correct? Please help!!

For my speaking I want to check if these phrases are all correct. Someone help me please!!

J’adore lu sur la plage. - This is meant to say I love reading on the beach.

Après avoir shopping, j'ai nagé dans la piscine. - This is meant to say After shopping, I swam in the pool.

En Espagne, la plupart de temps, il faisait du soleil et chaud, mais le mardi il pleuvait bien que il faisait chaud. - This is meant to say In spain, most of the time, it was sunny and hot, but on Tuesday it rained although it was hot.

Au parc aquatique, j’ai nagé avec les dauphins. J'avais peur mais c’était trés amusant! - This is meant to say At the water park, I swam with dolphins. I was afraid but it was very fun!

c’était mon anniversaire J'avais quinze ans. La viande était très délicieuse,mais de telle manière c´était cher. -This is meant to say It was my birthday - I was fifteen years old. The meal was very delicious but it was so expensive.

is it all right? any help would be appreciated! x

Hi, i'm doing A2 french at the moment but i'll try to help you! xD

J'adore a lire sur la plage.
Apres avoir fait le shopping, j'ai nagé dans la piscine.
En Espagne, le plupart du temps il faisait ensoleillé et chaud, mais Mardi, il a plu bien qu'il faisait chaud.
Au parc aquatique, j'ai nagé avec les dauphins. J'avais peur mais c'était très amusant!
C'était mon anniversaire - j'avais quinze ans. Le repas était très délicieux, mais il était très cher.

Think this is right =)
I also try to avoid fast food because it's bad for your health, however i like to eat it when i'm with my friends. They eat a lot of fatty foods compared to me though.

???help please

Well considering your lack of politeness or gratefulness to anyone who's helped you before, I really hope no one gives you the answer.
Original post by Kai Hiwatari

En Espagne, le plupart du temps il faisait ensoleillé et chaud, mais Mardi, il a plu bien qu'il faisait chaud.
Au parc aquatique, j'ai nagé avec les dauphins. J'avais peur mais c'était très amusant!
C'était mon anniversaire - j'avais quinze ans. Le repas était très délicieux, mais il était très cher.

Think this is right =)

Could you not just say 'apres le shopping' here? Or maybe that's just me trying to avoid the passe compose :erm:
Reply 30
To stay in good shape not only do you have to eat healthily, you also need to exercise. Therefore, to keep fit I visit the gym, and sometimes participate in sports such as badminton, aerobics, tennis etc.

p.s. don't use a translator please..

Pour garder la bonne forme, on ne doit pas seulement manger sainement - il faut qu'on fasse aussi de l'éxercice. Pour cela, je vais à la gym pour rester en forme et de temps en temps, je participe à des sports tels que le badminton, l'aerobique, le tennis etc.
Reply 31

If I'm remembering correctly, adorer doesn't take a preposition when there's an infinitive after it, so it would just be 'J'adore lire'
Otherwise, je suis d'accord.:biggrin:
Original post by gingerrama
Could you not just say 'apres le shopping' here? Or maybe that's just me trying to avoid the passe compose :erm:

Lol no you could xD
Original post by Dusty12
If I'm remembering correctly, adorer doesn't take a preposition when there's an infinitive after it, so it would just be 'J'adore lire'

And ahhh ok that makes sense lol, think you're right =) this is awkward considering im doing a2 xD
Reply 34
And ahhh ok that makes sense lol, think you're right =) this is awkward considering im doing a2 xD

Not really awkward. I only remember it because a few days ago I copied out a list of "Verbs that need no following preposition", and adorer was at the top because it was alphabetical.:tongue:
Original post by Dusty12
Not really awkward. I only remember it because a few days ago I copied out a list of "Verbs that need no following preposition", and adorer was at the top because it was alphabetical.:tongue:

Haha oh! =p

Think this is right =)

Thanks soo much! you don't know how much I am struggling with getting all the grammar right, because of the exam board teachers can't check it now and I really really want to get an A/A* because I got A* in my writing exam. xx
Reply 37
I think 'que d'etre en bonne sante' would be better than 'que pour en bonne sante'

Both are wrong... and sort of right: it'd be "que pour être en bonne santé"

Shopping isn't used like that. We say "faire du shopping" but that is window shopping and isn't viable for shopping for food and stuff. We can say "Après le shopping" alone, or "après avoir fait du shopping" but you won't find shopping preceded by a definite article (le shopping)

Original post by Dusty12

Correct. Adorer isn't followed by any preposition.
how do you say 'Smoking, drugs and alcohol are a big problem in our society' in french?
how do you say 'Smoking, drugs and alcohol are a big problem in our society' in french?

Something along the lines of 'Le tabac et l'alcool sont / représentent un grand problème dans / pour notre société', perhaps? It would probably depend on the context

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending