The Student Room Group

Public transport - how do you choose who to sit next to?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If we're on a bus I will stand, unless the emergency exit door is free. Bus seats aren't designed for tall people.

Train - weight, sex, looks, age. Assuming they are not sitting in an area for elderly people obviously.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by BringBackDeathPen!
Oh ffs :facepalm2:

I sit wherever there's a free seat. I will, afterall, never see the person I am sat next to ever again after I and him/her reach our destination.

Why would I care? Especially on busy transport?

Same. I usually think way too much but I couldn't really care less when it comes to choosing who to sit next to on a bus. The only exception is secondary school children. I avoid them like the plague!
Original post by Foo.mp3
Anywhere there's space.. typically away from folks as y'all carry diseases I can really do without..

Not next to:

Anyone 'a bit terrorist'

Anyone too ghetto

Hot girls

Pikeys

Kids

Suitably rapey response for a notably oddball thread

you gay brah?
Reply 23
Whoever looks the least smelly and not next to pervy men
If I have to sit next to someone I would sit in the nearest available seat, next to someone who's not - fat, smelly, dirty looking, carrying loads of bags, the type to have random conversations.
Reply 25
I avoid sitting beside old people, they always try to talk to you.
beyond that, don't really care tbh
The size of their tits.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Anywhere there's space.. typically away from folks as y'all carry diseases I can really do without..

Not next to:

Anyone 'a bit terrorist'

Anyone too ghetto

Hot girls

Pikeys

Kids

Suitably rapey response for a notably oddball thread

I wouldn't mind you sitting next to me. :gah:

OP: For me, yeah, on looks. :rolleyes:
I'm not sure. If the bus is really busy but there's no-one standing up, it's the nearest possible seat, next to any non-weirdo. I don't like having to walk past everyone. Mind you, the bus is not often that busy and when it is, it's so busy you have to stand anyway. I always get middle aged men and women sitting next to me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
Always the hot chick.

Personally i always try to sit with as little people around me as possible.
I conduct a 'CRB check' like survey to the passengers on said public transportation vehicle. I then analyse this data and work out who would be least harmful to my person. I then proceed ignore this data and sit next to the woman with the big tits.
i'm going to sit on the last seat in trains and when a hot girl comes i shall slid down my seat and onto the floor, putting the back of my head on the seat, and letting her sit on my face on the seat
Always female over male, the younger and less crazy looking the better. Most of the buses I catch around here are full of students anyway so if its a choice between a load of other 19yr olds I just randomly pick.
Reply 33
I don't usually do any complex evaluation, but merely walk towards the back of the bus and then pick a random free seat near the back.
Reply 34
hand pick them.
Reply 35
On my occasional train commute I tend to choose by location rather than person - I get off at a stop before most of the other passengers so I like to be able to make a quick exit. Otherwise I guess I usually pick a woman... I've noticed people often sit near people who are like them in some way - same sex or age group or race etc.
It's generally female... and if not, a nice old man.
My choice is probably down to safety.
What I usually do is try to sit next to a person who isn't loud, disruptive (esp children!), who doesn't have loads of bags around them, & preferably away from anyone who looks wierd or pervy. Near someone good looking would be a bonus :smile:.
It usually turns out to be a middle-aged woman who seems safe enough lol. Race doesn't really bother me.
Reply 38
Original post by Foo.mp3

Not next to:

Anyone 'a bit terrorist'

Anyone too ghetto

Hot girls

Pikeys

Kids

Pretty much this, and people who are really fat. I don't want to be sitting on the edge of my seat. :frown:
If they're looking neat sit away 2 seats

If they look angry that day, keep away keep away

Quick Reply

Latest