The Student Room Group

KPMG School Leavers Scheme - One question for people with experience?

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering, for those of you who've done a school leavers scheme at KPMG, what sorts of activities did you partake in during your first year?

Much appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
this is a scheme which only launched this year... do your research before asking questions in the future.
Reply 2
Original post by Lawlet
this is a scheme which only launched this year... do your research before asking questions in the future.

Sorry, but that's incorrect. It depends on which school leavers scheme the OP means.

I can't help the OP though as I didn't do it. They're treated pretty much the same as graduates after a year or two though.
Reply 3
Original post by Kemik
Sorry, but that's incorrect. It depends on which school leavers scheme the OP means.

I can't help the OP though as I didn't do it. They're treated pretty much the same as graduates after a year or two though.

If you're talking about the graduate scheme then it's not called school leaver scheme.
Original post by Lawlet
If you're talking about the graduate scheme then it's not called school leaver scheme.

There was an old school leavers scheme doing AAT.
Reply 5
Original post by Lawlet

There's a scheme which for tax, does CA and CTA and for audit, does ACCA or ACA over 5 years (I believe).

It's called the school leaver programme. I work along side people who are on it and we gave input on the new scheme too :tongue:
Reply 6
The school leavers in my department are doing the same work the graduates are. No difference at all.

In Tax the programme was 5 years and did CA and CTA straight from A levels.

As people above have mentioned this has been replaced recently with a new school leaver programme that does a degree plus 1 qualification. I do not think that the original programme is continuing.

OP - if you are asking about the first year on the new scheme, this may differ (slightly) to the work the grads get as you are not in the office as much. But this is yet to be seen!
Reply 7

Has anyone heard anything from the new SLP??? mIve been invited to a getahead session, is it worth going???? How long will the whole process take???
Original post by housey11
Has anyone heard anything from the new SLP??? mIve been invited to a getahead session, is it worth going???? How long will the whole process take???

How did you get onto a get ahead? Have you submitted yet?
Reply 9

Yes, I have already applied?? Is it mean I am through to the next round? Is it woerth going??
Reply 10
Anyone going to the getahead day? I've booked for Manchester on friday
Have you done the online tests or just the application form?
Looked to apply when it first opened, this time last week, still waiting for my academic reference from my head of sixth :angry: what did you guys use for that part of the form?
Reply 13
Original post by tracy parks
Have you done the online tests or just the application form?

Just the application, I presume they will be at a later date..
Reply 14
woww working for kpmg is a lot of hard work!
Reply 15
are you guys yr 13s?
Still no e-mail about on line tests...

anyone else heard..?
Reply 17
has anyone received any info on how to be reimbursed for rail fares?
Has anybody received an invitation to take the online tests yet?
Still haven't heard... :/
Original post by tracy parks
Still no e-mail about on line tests...

anyone else heard..?

Original post by mosullivan1991
Has anybody received an invitation to take the online tests yet?
Still haven't heard... :/

You are only going to get an invitation after you've been to the Get Ahead day!

Original post by balloon92
has anyone received any info on how to be reimbursed for rail fares?

They'll deal with it on the day I presume. Either take your details for a check or give you a form to send back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending