The Student Room Group

Would I cope with Biology or Physics A level?

I did GCSE Science and got A*, but I dont think its that good because its only double award. What do you think, because obviously triple science is harder.
It's up to you. A Level is COMPLETELY different so you'll have to look at exam papers, textbooks, specifications to get a good idea if you're able to do it. One word of advice if you do, work from the beginning.
Reply 2
Try and find out the exam board you might be doing and try and read a few pages and see how you feel about it? That's what I did before I started doing Chemistry. We on TSR can't tell you if you'll cope, it depends on how much you are willing to study and practice. Have you always been good at Biology or Physics? Well done on your A* by the way! :smile:
Thats really good, well done :smile:
I do triple science but I doubt I will get 3 A*s and your A* in dual science will look better then someone who gets less in triple science :smile:
Also I would probably choose physics but thats just me, which one do you prefer?
Reply 5
I did double award - I do three sciences (biology, chemistry & physics) at A-level and got all As in my Jan modules... there's not a lot in biology and physics that you do at triple award that will put you at a disadvantage. Everyone in my physics class all did triple but then scored worse than me in the exams... Just proves that A-level is about technique and understanding the topics rather than just remembering what the definitions are etc. The best thing you can have at A-level is past papers... do them until you're sick of them!
I found the mechanics in physics pretty boring but we're doing particle physics now which I really enjoy. Biology is a lot harder than people think as you have to be quite specific with your answers, so the grade boundaries tend to be lower for that. Do whichever one you think you'll enjoy more, or both! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest